Oh Christmas Tree

"What about this one?"
"It's too tall, Monkey."
"And this one?" Maze asked.
"Too bushy."
"Besides, it's too short," Trixie said.
"What about this one, Detective?"
"It's perfect! Mommy, that's our tree!"
"Let's see, it has grown well, it's not too bushy, the size is right. I wonder why nobody bought it yet." Chloe looked at the price tag and shook her head. "Now I know. I'm sorry, Monkey, but it's too expensive."
Sadly, Trixie trotted away. Her excitement was gone, uninterested she inspected the other trees.
"We take this one", Lucifer said to the seller.
"No, we don't," Chloe contradicted.
Confused, the seller looked from the devil to the woman and back.
"Detective, it does not matter how many trees we will look at, you will not found a better one. Your child knows it, I know it and you know it as well."
"I can't afford it."
"You are shopping with me, Detective. You do not need to worry about money."
"No! Lucifer, I don't want you to buy us a tree."
"And I do not care."
"Obviously not, but..."
"Let me do this for you, Detective."
Desperately, Chloe looked at her daughter who tried hard to give the other trees a chance. It was the first time in forever they wanted to buy a real tree. It had to be perfect.
"We share the costs," she insisted.

"A bit more to the right. Stop, that's too far! Back to the left. Be careful!"
"Can we make a rest?" Maze asked, exhausted.
"Your hair looks pretty like that," Lucifer grinned and plucked a needle out of it.
"Yours too."
"It could be a bit further forward, couldn't it?" Trixie suggested. The devil and the demon sighed and went back to work.
20 minutes later, the christmas tree stood perfectly in the living room and waited for its ornaments. Lucifer and Maze sat on the floor and shared the devil's Whiskey.
"I need a vacation now," Lucifer said.
"You are on vacation," Maze replied.
"Monkey, do you want to start?" Chloe asked when she entered the room with a box in her hands.
"No, Lucifer should start."
Surprised, the civil consultant put away his flask.
"I am honored, Offspring. Coincidentally, I brought something unique for your tree."
"Lucifer, what...?"
Horrified, Chloe watched him fumbling something out of the pocket of his jacket and showed it to her daughter.
"That's so cute!" she cheered.
"What is it?"
"Somebody is pretty impatient, isn't she?" Lucifer asked with a wide grin.
"A devil?" Maze and Chloe asked in unison.
"Well, at least it's just the shape of the emoji," the detective added.
"Hang it up, hang it up," Trixie ordered and pulled the devil to the tree.
The roommates watched the girl and the civil consultant looking for the right place. It was a lovely scene to look at and suddenly Chloe had the feeling her annual christmas wish had finally come true: she found herself a family.