Unexpected Twists

"Good morning, Ladies!" Lucifer greeted Chloe and Ella when he entered the lab, but his good mood immediately vanished. The forensic scientist had decorate her workplace and the music system played christmas carols. "Miss Lopez, would you please turn off this...music?"
"I thought you want to celebrate christmas our way? What happened to your determination?" Chloe asked challenging.
"This is a test, isn't it?"
"Guys, not in my lab," Ella said and turned off the system. "I can't use bad vibes in here. Besides, we've more important things to discuss. The autopsy report from Pinter has arrived."
"Why does it took so long?"
"Because Jackson is the only one left, Decker, everyone else is sick. And Frosty's not the only dead man in medical jurisprudence."
"But why is it so important? John Pinter was killed by a gun shot and the killer is a member of the italian mafia," Lucifer said.
"The shot was something like redemption to him, probably. Jackson found residues of several chemical substances in his blood. All taken together are poisonous."
"The snowman-case became very interesting now," Lucifer said with a satisfied smile.
"That's illogical," Chloe contradicted. "Why should the killer shoot at Pinter if he poisoned him before?"
"Is it not obvious, Detective? It was not just one killer. The mafia would never poison their victim."
"We have no proof Pinter was killed by the mafia, Lucifer."
"One shot, straight into the heart. In my opinion that is proof enough. We just have to find out who did what."
"Nothing easier than that," the detective mumbled.
"Venom is used to 90 % by female offender," Ella said.
"There are just three women who were more or less close to him: Guiliana Delunghi, his daughter Caroline and her mother Betty Jordan. We have to take a closer look at them."