Epilogue

Epilogue: "Fall in love with someone who is both your safe place and your biggest adventure."

I must do this. You can do this, Chela. You just have to tough it out. The way he stared me down was quite intimidating but I fought the urge to look away, and lifted my chin instead. I just had to take a stand this time and show him that I was serious. I kept on ignoring him as I put two pillows between us.

"You've been dragging this out far longer than necessary. Stop it, Chela. It's not cute anymore," he said in a serious tone, and I knew he was really serious this time because he called me by my name instead of Angel.

I swallowed hard. "Who says I'm trying to be cute? I'm serious. Unless you give me what I want, I will not let you touch me. No hugs. Kisses. Nothing at all!"

He turned off the TV and faced me. "For God sake, Franchesca Lara! We can just adopt!"

"I have nothing against adoption but I want to have my own baby, Vince," I said with emphasis, trying to make my point come across. 

Apat na araw ko na siyang hindi pinapansin dahil ayaw niyang pumayag na magka-baby kami. The first two days, he still found it amusing that I was ignoring him and even put two pillows between us, but on the third day, he started to get pissed. At ngayon ay mukhang tuluyan na siyang napikon. 

"Do you know what you're asking for?"

"Yes. A baby."

"No. You are asking for your own death!"

My facial expression softened. "I want us to have a complete family. Don't you want to us to have a baby?"

"You are more than enough for me."

I sighed and moved closer to him. "Vince, please." Iniyakap ko ang mga braso sa leeg niya at tinitigan siya sa mga mata. "I want to have a mini you or mini me. Please? I'll be fine."

Naging malamlam ang mga mata niya at napa-buntong-hininga. "Let's consult to Dr. Davis about this."

My face brightened up. "Thank you!"

"This is not yet a yes. I need to hear first what he will say about this. Then we'll decide," he said with a sigh.

I nodded quite enthusiastically. "I love you."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm still not saying yes." 

Tapos ay humiga na siya patalikod sa akin. Natatawang dinamba ko siya sa likod at pinaghahalikan sa mukha. "I love you. I love you! I love you!"

Bigla siyang tumihaya at ipinaikot ang mga braso sa akin. "Kiss me."

I chuckled but gave him a kiss on the lips with a sound. He breathed out then stared at my face. His hand reached out and touched my cheek. 

"You know that I love you and I will give you everything you ask of me, right?" My face softened and nodded slowly.

"I love you, Vince."

"I love you, Angel." He reached for my lips and kissed me softly and with so much love. "I love you more than anything in this world."

Pakiramdam ko ay hindi ako makahinga habang nakikinig sa mga paliwanag ni Dr. Davis. Nakasalalay sa sasabihin niya ang magiging desisyon ng asawa ko.

"Usually, patients have to wait for at least a year after the transplant just to be certain that the medication regimen has stabilized and of course, the heart is working as it should." Dr. Davis glanced at me. "And in your case, Mrs Anderson, it's been almost two years since you had a transplant and so far, everything is going well for you."