all of me > g.d

inspired by the song "all of me" by john legend

i stood there, looking at my self in the mirror, staring at my body, but specifically my stomach and thighs, my two biggest insecurities.

seeing all the pretty and fit girls on instagram only made me more insecure. they had thigh gaps and flat stomachs, and i was the polar opposite of them.

"y/n?" grayson knocked on the bathroom door. "you okay?" he asked worriedly.

i sniffled and wiped away the tears that i hadn't noticed until he spoke. i took a deep breath before opening the door.

grayson wasn't in our room so i walked over to our bed and climbed into the covers. i grabbed my phone and went to instagram, which was probably a dumb idea since it would only make me more insecure than i already am.

and it did.

i turned my phone off and put it on the beside table. i turned onto my back staring at the ceiling, my mind racing.

why does he even like me? he's too good for me. he should find someone else. i'm so imperfect and he's so...perfect. why is he with me? why?

- grayson's pov-

i cracked open the bedroom door and saw y/n staring at the ceiling.

"What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright"

i watched her intently as her facial expressions changed ever so slightly. i opened the door more, which creaked, making her turn to face me. i stood against the doorway.

"you okay baby?" i asked, walking over to her. she shrugged. i sat down beside as she kept staring at the ceiling. i took my hand and rubbed the side of her face, her expression not changing.

something's obviously on her mind. i thought.

"talk to me. what's bothering you?" she turned to look at me. her eyes slowly filled with tears.

"why do you like me? i'm so ugly and fat. you should be with someone else, who's prettier and skinny."

that broke my heart into a million pieces.

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections

"baby why would you say that? i love you because you are you. you have you your own body, personality, smile, laugh. you aren't like other girls. i love your body. your curves, your thighs, and your belly." i rested my hand on her stomach, rubbing it softly.

"i love you for you. and guess what?"

"what?"

"i'm glad you aren't like other girls. you know why?"

"no..why?"

"because i don't want the other girls. i only want you." she began to tear up again. i pulled her up and into my arms, letting her cry into my shoulder.

How many times do I have to tell you
Even when you're crying you're beautiful too
The world is beating you down, I'm around through every mood

she calmed down and pulled herself out of my embrace. she rubbed at her puffy and red eyes then stared at the bed, playing with the sheet. i lifted her up by her chin, forcing her to look at me.

"even now. crying with puffy eyes. you're gorgeous. and i wouldn't trade you or anything that comes with you for the world." she smiled softly.

"can i tell you something?" i asked and she nodded.

-y/n's pov-

i nodded.

"i'm insecure too. i hate my sharp jawline, and my hair, and my brown eyes, which i wish were green like yours." i looked at him in shock.

"but grayson, you're so perfect. there's nothing to hate about you." he grabbed my face, making me stop talking.

"that's exactly how i feel about you." i blushed and leaned into him.

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you

"i love you. so much angel." he said and then kissed my head.

"i love you more gray."