Chapter 47

'The Dragonborn'

Team Alpha. The dominating force that holds peace around the realm. With their protection, the realm was safe from any threat. When the light first shone at the darkest part of the realm, that was made possible because of the well-known Hybrid2, Xinny Muirgen Allison-Wen.

Upon hearing that she was bearing a child, the realm rejoiced.

Thinking that they have another savior, another hero and another keeper of peace.

But little did they know, that darkness was to cover the entire realm. The day that the child was born, everyone in the realm was filled with happiness and hope and even the gods celebrated her birth.

The day she was born, the last azure dragon's egg on this realm, hatched and a fruitful boy – a dragonborn, breathed life.

And as the two beings breathed life, someone celebrated their birth with a sacrifice. Slitting the last azure dragon's throat, pulling its heart out, pouring its blood on blue-lit charcoal while he was enchanting a spell. Added with a single drop of the most dangerous poison in the realm, Hunter's poison. The arrow knife poison.

As the two newborn sounded their first cry, the sacrifice took effect.

Zia, a child born with the poison of a Hunter. A child born from a body of a hybrid. A child born along with a dragonborn and a sacrifice.

Zia Muirgen Allison-Wen, the child born along with a curse.

As the child grew, the boy also grew but they lived two separate worlds. Many became Zia's eyes and ears, including the enemy. As she grew, the Xions were built. As she grew, the dark era was preparing for their awakening. And as she grew, someone's excitement also grew.

For they have been waiting for this moment for a very long time.

"He's growing faster and stronger." One said as they observed the boy floating in the air with his head hung low. "Once he turns seventeen, he will take over my position." The one who made the sacrifice said.

And so, they kept observing both lives.

"Are you sure we have the right child? She's weak."
One said, referring to Zia and her heart.

"No, she's the strongest."
One replied with a smile.

As the child progressed in her daily life, the Xions grew by a number; hundreds, thousands, and millions. As the boy celebrated his seventeenth birthday, the man who made the sacrifice passed away. The dragonborn did not grieve. He even looked at how his Father breathed his last breath of life.

He and his twelve 'siblings', those who the man adopted, just looked their Father. They didn't feel any pity.

"Father, we will continue what you started."
Said the boy, the dragonborn. And then he turned around and walked away.

"Feed his body to the dogs. Have fun with the party."
He said to his brothers and sisters and he walked away.

He did continue what their Father started. He produced more Xions. Furthered his claims of land and had only one goal. Zia. Every time he looks at her from the screen, there was just this excitement. A rush of emotions, thirst. He interpreted it as a hunger for blood and power.

But later, he understood. His Father wanted to get rid of Team Alpha. He wanted that too.

"Our Xions are not enough. Kaya lang nitong patumbahin ng Team Alpha."
Sabi nung isa sa mga kapatid nung lalake habang nakatingin siya sa nakaraang lab test ng mga Xions.