Chapter 52

'The Payment'

After Audin left, Zia cried one last tear bago siya umayos ng tayo at tsaka pasimpleng pinunasan ang luha niya. Kunot-noo namang tumingin si Reed sa kanya. Zia then went to her wings and plucked out some feathers and put it in her pocket.

Reed was more confused. Zia was now calm.

Zia then rolled the sleeves of her jacket and let out her fangs. "What are you doing?" Takang tanong ni Reed sa kanya. Zia didn't answer. She just bit her arm and the wound on her back stopped bleeding and started to heal.

Zia was just crying minutes ago and now, she's calmer than anyone in the palace.

"You really think ripping off my wings would hurt?" Pasimpleng tanong ni Zia sa kanya at tsaka na sinuot ni Zia ang jacket niya. Kumunot naman ang noo ni Reed.

"Akala ko ba alam mo ang lahat? Because if you do, you knew that the only thing that hurt me was Trinity's spell."
Sabi ni Zia at pasimpleng umupo sa upuan na kaharap ni Reed. Flashbacks of Zia's isolation came into Reed's mind. How she became mindless and tolerant to pain while she was there.

And he just understood. Zia played him.

Zia acted as if she was in pain just for Audin to have something to hold on and so were the rest of the team. Zia breathed out and looked at the glowing wing symbol on her arm.

"Any time now, magiging na sina Mommy."
Nakangiting sabi ni Zia kaya naningkit na ang mga mata ni Reed.

"You used me?"
Reed asked and the corner of Zia's lip arched. Yes, she did.

Zia knew that her dragon scales meant nothing because she can't feel a fire lighting up inside her. She knew that they had to find another azure dragon. And when she saw Reed and the crystal-like texture on his arm, she knew she had to play the game slowly to win the price.

Reed's blood.

And she did. Reed offered it to her. Her attempt to escape was real but she knew she'd fail anyway. But the pain from the wound and her wings, those weren't real. If Reed had his own trap, Zia had a bigger one and she won.

She succeeded.

Reed got scammed.

"Thank you, Tito Jayden."
Nakangiting sabi ni Zia because what she used was what she learned from Jayden. You gotta play and think like the enemy to beat the enemy.

Hindi makapaniwala si Reed sa nalalaman niya. All he could do was laugh. Zia played him really good and he really wasn't expecting that one. Right now, he's more interested in her than before.

"I appreciate your little trick, sweetheart. But I don't really mind if they wake up."
Nakangiting sabi ni Reed kaya tumingin na ng diretso si Zia sa kanya. "All I wanted is a time with you." Reed said and Zia just smirked.

"Sorry, but you're not Blu."
Diretsong sabi ni Zia at pumikit na at parang walang balak na makinig sa mga susunod na sasabihin ni Zia. Reed just held in his laughter and looked at Zia.

"You two don't look good together. Sa palagay ko mas bagay tayo."
Agad na natawa si Zia dahil sa sinabi ni Reed at tiningnan niya na ito. "Blu and I aren't asking for anyone's opinion, Reed. I like him, he likes me. The end." Sabi ni Zia at bahagya nang napaubo si Reed.

If Team Alpha was hearing this, it'll be like hearing Xin talking about Jun.

"You really think they'll come here to rescue you?"
Tanong ni Reed kay Zia, also in attempt to change the course of their conversation dahil hindi siya nasisiyahan sa mga naririnig niya mula kay Zia. Hindi sumagot si Zia at tiningnan niya lang si Reed.