Chapter 11

'Embodiment of Poison'

Everyone saw what happened that night. They saw the girl who saved Team Alpha from the rain. The rain that was lethal to those who fought with the Witches of the North—who were sneaky creatures. They attack but they get defeated easily. And when they're down on the ground, that's when their hidden weapon takes form.

The rain of blood and sorrow.

That if those who fought with the witches of the north had contact with the rain, they'd be dead by the second.

And that night, Zia took all the rain. Everyone saw her dark wings, the blood flowing from her wing bone, and how her eyes looked. They saw how she protected the creatures from below. She was someone, a creature whom everyone didn't recognize.

It was the first time that they saw someone like her. A new being.

After news got out that she was a living poison, creatures from the realm started calling her names. One of those names was 'The Embodiment of Poison'.

ZIA

White. Everything was white the moment I opened my eyes. Dahan-dahan kong ginalaw ang mga daliri ko habang nililibot ko ang tingin ko sa paligid. I'm in the lab again. Napapikit ako at dahan-dahang umupo at hinawakan ang balikat ko. My shoulders are sore.

No, everything in my body is sore.

Para akong binugbog. Ang bigat ng katawan ko. "Ahh, my head," I groaned silently while touching my forehead and curling like a baby on the bed.

"Tumahimik ka nga! Baka magising si Zi—
oh shit! Zia!" Tinakpan ko ang tenga ko dahil sa lakas ng sigaw ni Kuya Xy. Agad silang tumakbo papunta sa direksiyon ko habang nakatakip parin ako sa tenga ko. I was too sensitive to sound at the moment.

"Zia, okay ka na ba?"
"Does anything hurt?"
"Gutom ka ba?"

Nahihilo ako sa mga ingay na ginagawa nila kaya tinakpan ko ang tenga ko ng unan.

"I think she's sensitive to sound right now, your highness. Would you consider to lower your voices?"
Blu's voice was the lowest of all of the sound they made kaya dahan-dahan ko nang tinanggal ang unan na nakatakip sa tenga ko at tumingin sa kanila.

"Talaga?! Masakit tenga m—"
hinampas ni Kuya Xy si Wilder dahil sumigaw pa ito sa harap ko. Napapikit nalang ako at hinawakan ang tenga ko. "Sensitive nga tenga niya! Ulol!" pasigaw ng bulong ni Kuya Xy kay Wilder.

"Naniniguro lang naman!"
pasigaw rin na bulong ni Wilder kaya sinapo ko nalang ang noo ko.

"How are you feeling?"
mahinang tanong ni Kuya Ash at inayos ang buhok ko. "My body hurts. Ano bang nangyari?" tanong ko at umupo na ulit sa kama.

"Well, until when did your memory cut off?"
mahinang tanong ni Celise habang naglalagay ng tubig sa isang baso. Napaisip naman ako. I then told them that I remembered until the attack from outside the greenhouse. Until Lucas mentioned something about the Witches of the North.

After that, wala na akong naaalala.

"Hmm. Do you wanna see what happened?"
tanong ni Wilder kaya kumunot ang noo ko. See? Tumingin siya kay Kuya Xy at mahina itong tumango. "Show her. She's gonna know anyway." Sabi ni Kuya Xy kaya kinuha na ni Wilder ang cellphone niya at saka ito binigay sa akin.

Kinuha ko na ang cellphone ni Wilder at tiningnan ang gallery niya.

I had to scroll because he didn't open the exact photo that he wanted me to see kaya kunot-noo akong nakatingin sa cellphone niya. E puro pictures niya ang nandito? Ano bang dapat kong tingnan?