17.

❝  I been doing stupid things,

I been doing stupid things,

wilder than I've ever been

you've become my favorite since

"You look happy," Harper notices.

I look up from my sketchbook, letting the smile I didn't even know I had on my face die down. Happy? No. Smiley? Yeah. Sure. But far, far from happy. I only shrug. "I'm seeing Fai tonight."

That grabs Harper's interest. "At the bar?" she asks.

I shake my head. "I'm going to his place."

Harper stays quiet and when I lift my head again to look at her, I see she's mulling this over in her head, her mouth twisting. "Have you two like ... slept together already?"

I have to smile at the modest phrasing Harper uses. "Nope," I say.

"But you're going to? Tonight?" she asks.

I tilt my head to the side, looking at her. "Yeah. Most definitely."

Harper nods, looking away. I see how her hand is playing with a thread on the couch's hand rest. I close the sketchbook, giving her full attention. "Okay, what's up?"

She turns her surprised eyes my way, but I only lift my eyebrows. "What would be up?" she asks me ever so innocently.

I lean forward, my sketchbook now dangling from my hands. "Harp," I say, giving her a pointed look. I'm reading right through her. She can't even hold my gaze.

"I like someone," Harper blurts out suddenly, looking anywhere but at me.

I blink a few times. "Wow, hello! Yes, finally some juicy news from you! Who is it?" I wiggle my eyebrows at her and she blushes.

"It's ..." She shakes her head. "It's not even important because we can't happen."

I frown. "Sure you can. Why wouldn't you be able to?"