29.

❝ I know how this turns out

I know how this turns out

Don't end well

But I'm keeping you around 

"Harp! What the fuck!"

She giggles on the other side of the phone.

"You and Jon? For real?" I ask her, still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact because I never thought Harper would go for someone like him. Honestly, I thought Harper might just stay virgin until she's married because she was old-fashioned like that sometimes.

"Shhhh," she says, still laughing.

"Is he there?"

"No, he left like an hour ago. He had some things to do."

I narrow my eyes, not really liking that. They had sex and he just left? "Okay, but you and Jon, Harp? How the hell did that even happen? And when?"

"Uh, I don't even know. We just connected. He came to the bar a lot and we talked. He's not like others think he is, you know. He's nice and he treats me nicely."

Yeah, he better. "Okay, and the V-card?"

I already know she's blushing. Harper is usually reserved about stuff like this and doesn't really talk about guys or anything that's related to them. "It just happened. I don't know, it felt natural. And he was really gentle and nice, even afterwards."

Well, damn. "You know what? It's actually super cool you found someone that made you feel like that. I was afraid you were going to die a virgin or something."

She gasps. "Kadie! Seriously."

I chuckle. "I'm just playing around, chill. Jon better watch out because if he does you wrong, I'm not afraid of cutting his balls off."

Harper huffs. "Yeah, I think he knows that. He said that he admires Fai for knowing how to put up with you because he'd go crazy in a day in his place."