14.

❝ She's the best at, get you thinkin' that she don't care

knows exactly what she wants,

now she's running all her fingers right through my hair 

This is the thing about Kadience Myers – I never know when she's joking and when she's being serious. Is she ever being serious? Except for the times when she's talking about science and all that bullshit?

And when she says shit like this to me, I don't know what the fuck to think. I can't read her because she doesn't show anything she doesn't want to and it's pissing me the hell off because I don't know what to make out of her. That might be one of the reasons I can't really stay away from her. I want to understand her because there must be something way deeper she has inside of her that she doesn't show the world.

I feel like she sees me. She sees me. That bothers me. It bothers me a lot because I don't see her because she doesn't want to show herself. She's hiding behind this mask and she doesn't want to take it off for anyone, not even when she's drunk and high out of her mind. Or maybe that is her. Maybe that's the true her; something so unique that no one will ever truly understand, even though she'll make them all crazy with wanting to get her.

"I can't promise you to give you the whole galaxy, bee," I tell her, looking at her to see what exactly she wants from me. I can never tell with her. One time she wants me close, the next time she doesn't want me anywhere near her.

She chuckles, sitting on the grass cross-legged now. "I'm not really asking you to give me anything you can't give me. Or am I?" her head cocks to the side and a few strands of hair fall over her face.

I avert my eyes, clenching my fists. "Don't ask for something you can't reciprocate, either."

One second she's sitting beside me, the next she's crawling closer to me, putting her leg over me and sitting on my legs. She brings our bodies close together, putting her thumb on my bottom lip, touching my piercing, looking straight into my eyes.