22.

❝ Don't belong to no city,

Don't belong to no city,

don't belong to no man  

I put my hands on the bar and look at Harper. "See? This is what happens when you hook up with assholes like him," I tell her, mostly because I don't know what hell she's thinking, talking to Jon. It's a good thing she sees the kind of men they are. "I need a cigarette," I tell her, pushing myself back from the bar and go out again.

I can't say I'm mad. I guessed he's the kind of man who can't be just with one girl. Maybe I'm just mad that I was right. And maybe I'm a little bit mad about him telling me I'm either in or out when he has the option to be somewhere in the middle.

I lean against the wall, crossing my arms. Before I can take the first inhale, the door opens. I don't even have to look who just came out. I can feel his presence, which makes me even more pissed off. "Ah. So you saw me."

Fai chuckles incredulously. "I sure did." He stands in front of me. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Same thing you are. Enjoying myself," I daringly look at him, wondering if he'll grab the vibe.

"After I explicitly told you to not come here?" he grits out.

I chuckle. "Do you really think you could keep me from doing something just because you said so?" I ask him. I put my finger on his cheek and drag it down to his mouth, staring at it. "You'd have to tie me up," I say quietly.

"Don't tempt me," Fai says, his eyes flaring, the muscle in his jaw ticking.

I drop my finger and step back. "I wonder if you wanted me away so you can be with other girls? Because that was really not necessary. I don't mind."

He raises his eyebrows. "If I wanted to hide something, I wouldn't come to the place where your cousin works."

I shrug, taking another drag of my cigarette. "Just don't tell me you were kissing or fucking someone before you did it to me because I just might throw up. I at least hope you're not that disgusting."