Prologue

"Mum, why do we have to move out of here? I will miss all my friends and fun here. I don't understand!" said Cassidy unable to understand the reason they have to move out from the city to a remote town.

"You know that Greg got a new job. It's a two hours drive from here to his work place, honey. Please understand that it's hard for him to drive back and forth like that," replied her mother.

"Why can't I live with my father? He is way better than Greg. Greg is an idiot with no brains," replied Cassidy.

"Don't you dare talk about Greg like that! He's your father! Cassidy you don't have the right to say stuff like that about adults. What do you learn in school?" her mother said furiously.

"Mum! HE IS NOT MY FATHER!" yelled Cassidy angrily back at her mother.

"Yes, he is. It is because of him that you go to school and all," replied her mother folding her hands across her chest,

"Technically, he is my stepfather," replied Cassidy and sighed.

"Just because Greg got a new job, why should we move out. He is so weird. I don't even like him. Dad is way better than him. Why is Greg trying to drag me away from my father? Let's just hope that the new school children will not consider me as a freak," thought Cassidy while packing her bags.