Chapter 19

Cassidy got up from her chair and walked to the counter while Luke looked at her puzzled. Luke watched what she was going to do, filled with curiosity.

Cassidy tapped the shoulder of a guy who is facing the counter. Luke thought she actually hit that guy.

“Excuse me. What do you think you are doing here?” asked Cassidy, placing her hands on her waist.

Luke got up from his seat and went close, not sure what will happen.

“I... I am sick. I swear that I am sick.” said Gerald, looking not at all guilty.

What the hell? Did Gerald promise to take her somewhere and said that he can't make it. The usual him. Wonder what Cassidy can see in him. Look at the Drama King's guilty face.

“Really? Maybe that's why you are in the Caffe with her.”said Cassidy, pointing at Rosie.

Luke was surprised to see Cassidy boiling with anger. He realised that something serious is going on.

“Unlike you, I cared to take him to the hospital.” said Rosie, giving a look at Cassidy while crossing her hands across her chest.

“Is this the hospital? I don't think so.” said Cassidy curiously.

“Can't we eat after going to the hospital, WOMAN?” said Rosie in a very rude and harsh tone.

“Better learn how to speak first.” replied Cassidy and stormed off.

“Cassidy, Cassidy.” said Luke, going after her.

“WHAT?” asked Cassidy turning around in a loud rude tone. “Sorry.”

“It's okay. I was wondering what was going on there.” said Luke in a low voice.

“Let's go somewhere else.” said Cassidy and sighed. Then she started to pack her bag.

Luke took the two trays and gave it to the counter asking it to be given to them as takeaway.

“Let's go close to the lake then.” said Luke while packing his bag.

“What lake?” asked Cassidy and picked up her bag.

“The one in the woods. It's really calm and quiet.” replied Luke.

Luke and Cassidy walked out of the Caffe. Luke started to walk to the car park and saw Cassidy taking a different direction.

“Hey! We can go by car.” said Luke, leaning against his car.

“You're sure?” asked Cassidy doubting.

“Yeah! You're my bestie.” replied Luke and smiled. “Come on in.” said Luke, gesturing, using his hand.

Cassidy stood still for a few seconds and tucked her hands into her denim pockets. Then, she slowly walked closer to the car.

“Get in, my lady.” said Luke and opened the door.

Cassidy climbed into the front seat and waited till Luke get in to reply.

“You know, you sound like those people who drive a princess car.” said Cassidy.

“A princess car?” asked Luke and winked at her.

“What? No carriages nowadays, right?” said Cassidy.

“Looks like someone is watching princess movies.” said Luke.

“Oh! Shut up Luke. I watch other movies too, okay?” said Cassidy.

“Tell me a movie you like,” said Luke while driving the car.

“The movie Chrissa stands strong or something. It's an American girl's movie,” replied Cassidy.

“Isn't that a movie about Bullying? Reminds me the movie Sydney White and Odd Girl out,” said Luke. “Here we are.” said Luke and parked his car under a tree.

“Wow! This place is so calm and peaceful.” said Cassidy.

Cassidy went and sat under a tree. Luke sat beside her and started to work on the project. Both of them concentrated and started to prepare a billing system without even taking a break to speak.

“It's two o'clock now. I got to go.” said Luke suddenly seeing the time indicated in the computer.

“Okay. I'll stay a bit late and finish my work.” said Cassidy.

“Aren't you going home?” asked Luke after parking his bag.

“Nah. I can do lots of stuff here. Can concentrate.” said Cassidy.

“Okay. Bye!” said Luke and went.

Cassidy spent her rest of the time thinking about how to make the billing system. At the end of an hour after Luke went she felt tired, so she shut down her laptop and started to eat her lunch.

The breeze of the wind was cold and so relaxing. After eating, Cassidy gazed at the lake.

Oh my god! That man has killed a deer. Poor fellow. How can people be so cruel? Why can't they think that animals also have a right to live like us.

Cassidy couldn't bear it up anymore. So she got up and started to approach the man stepping slowly without making any noise.

“What do you think you are doing? How dare you kill an animal like a deer?” said Cassidy out loud, startling the man who was kneeling and bent down.

The man turned around to see who it is. But he didn't turn much around so that Cassidy could see his entire face. She could only see a little bit.

Oh my god! Guy?