Chapter 21

On Monday unlike other days it was a bit different to Cassidy. Greg insisted on dropping her off to school. As Cassidy didn't have any say in the decision, she had no choice but to let him drop her to school.

Cassidy straight away headed to the locker without looking around as she felt like Greg's eyes were on her bag.

“Hi!” said Gerald in a musical way leaning against the locker next to Cassidy while she opened her locker.

“Hi.” said Cassidy shortly after looking who said 'hi' to her.

“I know, you must be mad at me. But I've been honest with you.” said Gerald, trying all the flirting tricks he know to get Cassidy's attention.

“Whatever, I'm not buying it.” replied Cassidy and sighed.

“Please, at least let me explain what happened.” said Gerald, and took the story book which Cassidy took out from her locker.

“All right, then. What do you want to say?” asked Cassidy after closing her locker.

“Shall we go to the seating area? No one is there at this time.” said Gerald.

“So?” asked Cassidy, giving the idea that she does not care whether people are there or not.

“Don't you get it yet? No one can hear what I say.” said Gerald, and smiled sweetly at her.

“All right, then. If you insist.” said Cassidy finally agreeing.

Gerald and Cassidy went to the seating area of students and settled down at the corner end of the room.

“So, what did you want to tell me?” asked Cassidy after seating herself down comfortably on a cushion chair.

“I had the viral fever on Saturday. If you want I'll show you the prescription.” said Gerald, gazing at Cassidy.

“Then what were you doing in Villa Caffe with Rosie?” asked Cassidy curiously.

“Please don't interrupt. I'll tell you what happened.” replied Gerald.

“Okay, fine then. Tell me what happened.” said Cassidy, raising her hands.

“I lied to my father early in the morning. I told him I was only down with a terrible cough. You see, I hate to go and see the doctor.” said Gerald, and got interrupted again by Cassidy.

“That doesn't explain anything.” said Cassidy.

Gerald sighed and started to explain her again.”Rosie came on the morning asking me to be her prom date after dad went to work. I told her that I'm going with you.”

“So, you two were going out or something?” asked Cassidy curiously.

“We used to. But we broke up the day you came to school. I fell for you first day itself.” replied Gerald.

“But still it doesn't explain anything.” replied Cassidy.

“So we had a massive fight. She smacked my face. That's when she found out that I have high fever. So, she insisted on going to the hospital to see a doc.” said Gerald.

“But how did you some to Villa Caffe? After all, it's not the hospital.” said Cassidy while leaning against the chair and crossing her hands across her chest.

“After seeing the doc she told me that she is hungry. Apparently she has left home without having breakfast. I had no say in it. After all, we came in her car.” said Gerald.

“Whatever.” said Cassidy and looked at the empty tables and placed her hands on the table.

“Come on babe. I love you.” said Gerald while holding Cassidy's hands.

Cassidy stared back at Gerald shocked and surprised. She couldn't believe that a guy said the three words to her. She always believed that she was ugly and not cared by anyone in this world.

“I love you. And I will always love you.” said Gerald, and placed a small box wrapped with a paper full of hearts. “Come on, let's go to the class.” said Gerald after standing up and while g up his bag.

Cassidy slowly stood up and put the box into her bag. She felt like it was a dream or a fairy tale. After all Gerald will be the crowned king for sure.

The bell rang, making Cassidy and Gerald to pace fast to their classrooms. Cassidy headed to the computer lab while Gerald headed to the Spanish class.

“Okay, everyone. Settle down.” said Mr. Brown as everyone was talking in different places formed as cliques.

Luke came and settled down near Cassidy while Ferald went to sit next to Rosie which is originally Luke's place.

“I want you to hand over the programs now. Ferald, why don't you collect the CDs” said Mr. Brown.

Ferald got up from his seat and started to collect CDs from the corner. Fortunately, most of the people in the class have forgotten to write the software name and their names which gave some time to Luke.

“Psst...” said Luke, looking at Cassidy.

“What?” asked Cassidy, whispering back at him.

“I met a disaster today.” said Luke to Cassidy.

“Guess what happened in the morning!” said Cassidy.

“What?” asked Luke curiously.

“He said he loves me!” said Cassidy, her tone full of excitement.

“Who?” asked Luke curiously and eager to find out.

“GERALD!” exclaimed Cassidy.

“Be careful. He's not one you think he is. Anyway, I'm forced to go to prom with Rosie.” said Luke.

“Oh my god! Congratulations!” exclaimed Cassidy, teasing Luke.

"Just shut up. Why did you say that?” asked Luke.

“You're one of her number one fans, right?” said Cassidy.

“Aw. Thanks for the remind. By the way Jason is not coming to prom.” replied Luke.

“Why?” asked Cassidy curiously.

“Because he doesn't have a date.” replied Luke and handed over the CD.

Cassidy and Luke then turned to listen to Mr. Brown as he started to teach.