Chapter 2

Dear Diary,

It is a long journey and we have been going on since I don't know maybe seven hours. Greg wanted to leave at four in the morning. I assumed that he hit his head before making the decision. But can't argue about it with him. I still don't get it why my mother approved to leave home early in the morning.

So far the road is bumpy. I hate our new home all ready. What's worse dear, I was asked to sit in the back of the truck all alone! I hate Greg. Why would he make me sit alone with all the bags and stuff with no space to even keep my feet?

I know that you are curious about the road, my dear diary. Even Ted is. By the way I forgot to tell you that Ted, my darling teddy bear is squashed between two bags. Greg did that. Curse him for hurting my only best friend left to me who listens to me apart from you. He destroyed all my friendship.

I don't know why, dear, but things pop into my head and I always forget to tell you about the road. Did I tell you that the road is not even carpeted? Dust is going everywhere and I sneezed a couple of times. I have a feeling that we are going to a rural village. Otherwise, they would have a nice tar road.

I still did not see the sea that my mum said that I would see when we had lunch. I just see a forest in one side and in the other side humans, houses and animals. I just saw a cute bird that I have never seen before in my life. Unfortunately, Greg took my camera away from me because I got up at five past three in the morning not three o'clock as he instructed me to.

I don't know why he took the camera away from me just because I slept extra five minutes. Maybe he took it because dad gave me the camera as my birthday present this year.

I'm tired, dear. This bumpy road makes me feel sick. I think I'm going to have a nap. I feel like I'm going to vomit all the food I ate for lunch which is horrible. Wonder how people live here with such disgusting, tasteless food.

I Love You, dear diary

Cassidy kept her diary and pen back into her school bag and settled down to have a little nap, hoping that Greg would not scold her or whip her butt like he always threatens her.

Cassidy slept so peacefully that she did not know how long she slept until she fell to the ground with a loud bang. When she opened her eyes, she could not believe what she saw right in front of her.