Chapter 16

ELSA'S POV
i was walking through branches following where this compass was taking me.
"so are we just going to be akward and not talk for two days?" jack said behind me.
"fine, are you hungry?"
"yea, can we use a break?"
"no we have to keep walking."
"elsa, if we keep going you are going to get foot sores. you have to rest."
he persuade me.
"ugh," i checked my watch and turned around,"sure, its 11:00 we've been walking for about three hours."
"yes!" he falls to the floor. i giggled very quitely and sit down.
he took of his shoes and massaged his feet.
"Hand me the backpack." I order.
he hands it to me and I take out a piece of bread almost cutting my hand with the knives.
"Hey jack, you really need to organize this." I say taking the things out and assorting them properly making sure the knives were faced upside down in a pocket of the bag.
"Well I had to grab them quickly from the drawer before I get caught."
" I don't know what you were saying about your parents, your mother is sweet." I say folding the blanket.
"Well she is, my dad isnt" he said.
"How so?"
"He got very jittery when he smelled you."
I stopped what I was doing as I looked at him making sure I heard that right.
"Don't worry it's not like you smell bad," he blushed,"um, what I mean is that a human smells different from a vampire."
"Oh, that's odd, so can you smell?"
"Everyone can."
I smiled and laughed.
"Oh so I can joke a little." He touched my chin but I turned serious.
"Okay okay. Here don't mess it up." I pass him the bag.
he smiled and looked in the bag and opened a bag of chips.
"So if you can't fly, don't have fangs, but you have ice powers what else can you do?"
"Um basically most of it is the ice powers, but I can hear really well and I am great at hockey."
I stare at him blankly.
He looks down and eats more. It gets quite all of a sudden and he shoots his head up.
"What's wrong-"
"Shh" he quiets me.
he tilts his head to the left and stares into the dark woods.
"Elsa get the compass" he says fast and I quickly grab it.
"Where's it telling us to go?"
"Um.." I turned around and it says to go where jack is looking at, "that way." I point
"Shit." He mumbles.
"What I do-"
"AAWOOOOOOOO" my eyes brighten.
We stare more in the woods and I see red and yellow eyes.
"Werwolves, run!"