Chapter One - Pilot

Hi so this is my first story on Wattpad and first fanfiction. Please do not send hate because I will ignore it and just know that i do not ship all ships listed but i do ship most of them. So, that's all I wanted to say other than I would like constructive criticism. Thank you.

------------------------------

Draco's POV:

I was running. Just running through the forest that separated my house from everyone else's homes. I could hear the quick footsteps nearing as I ran around bushes and trees. I could no longer hear the yelling, but I didn't dear stop or look back. I already had a black eye, and I didn't want anything more.

Why am I running you might ask. today was my birthday, (I don't actually know when his birthday is so I placed it here,) my father being the oblivious parent he was had completely forgotten and didn't understand my 'strange' behaviour. I still had to do all the chores and make breakfast.

He was in a good mood until I tripped him over when sweeping the floor. He stumbled down the stairs and completely lost his cool. He ran up the stairs and I narrowly escaped into my room slamming the door shut. He hit and bashed the door as hard as he could until my weaker body gave way and he could push the door open.

"YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT YOU LITTLE BRAT!!!" He exclaimed with nothing to hear but anger.

I crawled backwards on the floor trying to get away and actually managed to successfully dodge most of his hits. That is... until the blow that got my eye was thrown. It made a loud thud when my head hit the wall and blood dripped from my mouth. I rolled away however, got to my feet and climbed out the window.

I ran into the nearby forest praying to God I would escape. My father called out for me, rage evident in his tone. But I didn't stop. I kept running. i didn't have much energy from malnutrition and it had taken all my strength to climb out the window. But I wouldn't stop.

I'm sure you're wondering why my father was in such a good mood before the incident. the serial killer Voldemort had recently been caught by a trio of do-gooders from my school. Harry; the boy wanting revenge since the age of one when his father was killed. (Yes, only his father.) Ron; the poor kid that became Harry's friend after a bus ride. And Hermione; the new girl whom knew nothing of these murders with a brain most dream of.

My entire family had joined Voldemort's crusade for power and willingly got the tattoo they refer to as, 'the dark mark'. My father was amongst these people and forced me to join. My mother and I never killed anyone and weren't known to be what they call, 'Death-Eaters'. My father however, willingly killed people and got no recognition from the police.

During the dark time of Voldemort's reign, my mother was killed when she freed some hostages that they had wanted answers from. My father didn't take this well and was the one that reported her to Voldemort. Her sister Bellatrix, then tortured the truth out of her and then killed her when she admitted to what she had done. My father and I escaped punishment while Bellatrix recently escaped prison.

My father was going to allow her to live with us and she despised me almost as much as my father did. But yeah, this was why my father got angry when i tripped him over. he spilt his tea on the floor and himself causing undoubtedly clear rage in my direction.

I soon reached a line of fences and an alleyway. it would be too predictable to dash down the abandoned alley and my father would've caught me by then. So, instead I climbed up a tree. (Lot's o' climbin' aye). Once I was out of my father's reach I looked for a way down that wouldn't lead to a beating.

A girl I recognised as Luna Lovegood from my school jumped onto him and yelled run. I jumped of the tree and dashed down the alley into a street full of beautiful houses, probably lived in by families that loved each other. Luna then dragged me out of my thoughts and into one of the houses with a few cuts and bruises on her figure.

"I'm so sorry..." I said through panted breaths while trying to fight tears, "You didn't have to get involved."

"I know, but you seemed so scared and I noticed that your father was angry." She said airily, "He looked like he was going to rip your head off."

"Probably was..."

That moment Luna's own father walked in with a tray. On that tray was a tea set with three cups.

"When Luna said there was a boy up at tree being scolded I never imagined you." He said pitifully, "Although I suppose I didn't really have anyone in mind."

We sat down and Mr. Lovegood placed a teacup in front of me and poured in the contents of the teapot. Luna asked if I wanted sugar. I wasn't used to this amount of kindness and didn't want to be rude so I politely declined the offer. I picked up my tea and started to think. The last time I had tea was when I was fifteen and my father found out... nevermind.

"How did you anger Lucius like that?" Mr. Lovegood asked.

"I accidentally tripped him down the stairs while cleaning.." It didn't seem like an unjustified reason to punch someone in the face to me, but the Lovegood's looked at me shocked.

"Surely he wouldn't be so mad if it was an accident... right..?" Luna was worried.

"He'd probably get more angry if I admitted that..." I trailed off, "He was drunk!" I quickly added.

"Still... hitting your child is a serious offence..." Luna's father didn't see the panic in my eyes as he spoke, "If it happens again I'll have to call the police."

A knock on the door told me my father had found me. Luna got up and answered the door, but to my surprise, it was the 'golden trio'. I sighed mentally, relieved it wasn't my father. But their reaction to my presence led to a series of terrible events. (So unfortunate, does anyone get the reference?)

-------------------------

Thank you for reading, again I would like some constructive criticism. Please have a nice life and don't hate. Don't like it so far? I don't care I'm still gonna continue.

     -Turtlefreakakw2 <3