Chapter Twelve - Truths and Sirenity

Hi! So, I'm gonna warn you now, but I probably won't post tomorrow because I've got plans. Don't hate me for that, I just want to warn you. Enjoy!

---------------------------

Harry's POV: 

When we saw Hermione, Pansy, Blaise and Astoria sitting in the empty dining hall we sat down with them. Pansy was crying in Hermione's arms and Astoria was trying to calm an upset Blaise. I didn't know the real reason, but my guess was it had something to do with Ron. I still couldn't believe he got that angry at Hermione for dating Pansy.

"Remind me what it is you see in Weasley again?" Draco sighed. I thought it was directed at either me or Hermione.

"I know..." Blaise sighed, "I have terrible taste in guys..."

"Wait, what!?" I exclaimed, "You like Ron?"

"Ahem," Astoria started, "Blaise is uncomfortable with this fact."

"Oh, sorry."

"It's alright," Blaise replied, "shocked me too."

"I'm sorry about Ron..." Hermione cut in, "he's just bitter because of Fred's death..."

Draco looked away almost ashamed. My guess was that Augustus Rookwood was somehow a distant relative. Ron had hated the blonde twice as much since the massacre. He hated all his friends too, so I guess Pansy and Hermione was just the cherry on top.

-~-

It was the weekend; so everyone was out in the town or enjoying the sunshine outside. Not Draco Malfoy. He was hiding out in a secluded area of the library. He was reading an advanced chemistry under a window letting light in so he could see the pages. I wasn't shocked, but I still hoped he would've gone outside.

The light from the window didn't just allow him so read, it also bounced off the blondes head and made him look absolutely gorgeous in a gentle way. I couldn't help thinking this, after rooming with him for six weeks I grew to like him He wasn't as terrible as everyone thought he was. He had also shown a few signs of liking me back, so I strode towards him seeing he had a pile of books; all about chemistry.

I sat down and watched him for a bit without talking, just watching as he gently flicked the pages. He didn't notice that I was sat next to him, too focused on his book to acknowledge other people around him. I picked up a book and flipped through the pages looking at all the complexities.

"Doing homework?" I finally asked.

Draco jumped and dropped his book.

"Or just revision?"

"I uh... I don't know. I just find it interesting."

"I think it's pretty boring. There are so many better subjects. Sport for example."

"While yes, sport is fun... there's so much we don't know about the world."

"So, you're the nerdy type of guy? Interesting."

"Is that supposed to offend me? Because it's not working."

"I don't mean to hurt you. Just friendly teasing."

"Oh right, I forgot we were friends now."

"Now I'm offended!"

"Old habits die hard Potter."

"Well - Draco - I think we can call each other be first name now."

"Alright - Harry."

Draco smiled a genuine smile that I hadn't seen him wear in years. He stopped smiling at age 15, my guess was that was when it started. I didn't know for sure, but it didn't seem all that unlikely. And he started to show up at school more exhausted.

"I'm sorry for your loss..." I started. 

"What loss?" Draco asked, the smile on his face fading.

"Your mother. I can't imagine many people care..."

"It happened, I've excepted that."

"You aren't upset?"

"Of course I was upset! I am still human!"

"Sorry I mentioned it..."

"It's okay. I just get a bit defensive when people make it seem like I can't feel. I've been told that I mustn't be able to feel remorse or sad. The people that said that are wrong, but I can't blame them for thinking that."

He picked up his book and continued reading to signal that the conversation was over and that he didn't want to get into it. He looked so calm and peaceful when reading or doing anything silent, my guess was he liked the quiet. I took a book from the shelf about the stars. I needed to improve my astronomy grade, or else Professor Sinistra would have my head.

We sat there reading in blissful silence for a few hours. I hadn't experienced calm like that for a while and it was nice to finally not have to worry. I finally understood why Hermione liked it so much after that experienced.

-----------------------------

Hello! Again, I probably won't post tomorrow. I'm also sorry for the short chapter. I will make longer chapters but I didn't know how to expand this one. Anyway, please look at some of my other works as this isnt my only one. Thank you!

       -Turtlefreakakw2 <3