𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎

ELSA
°

It's been a month or so since I handed the crown to Anna and stayed at the Enchanted forest. The others here has been treating me well, and I've never felt as at ease as I have ever been.

Honeymaren helps me out a lot, she showed me the ropes and thanks to her I've grown accustomed to how things are in Northuldra. Adjusting was kind of the hardest part for me, despite the fact that I regularly visit Arendelle I still often miss it. Being protector of the Enchanted Forest is, I admit, much fun than being queen though. The paperwork is something I'm not missing at least.

"Elsa, it's almost time for dinner." I heard Honeymaren call out. "If you're not hungry yet I'll save some for you."

"Thank you, I'd love that." I said. "I'll stay here for a little while and come back later."

"You need your alone time again?" Honeymaren teased.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Just a little, I promise I won't take long as last time."

She laughed. "It's okay, I'm just joking." Honeymaren said. "But if you need someone to talk to I'm right here okay?"

I nodded. "Okay." And with that she walked back to the tents.

I sighed, closed my eyes and laid on the freshly fallen snow. I almost jumped when I felt something pass my hand and laughed at myself when I realized it was only Bruni.

"Hello." I greeted him and he gave me a smile, eyes twinkling as if he was waiting for something to happen. I motioned my hands as if I was sprinkling something and made small snowflakes, something the little fire spirit has taken a liking of.

"You sure do like your snowflakes." I laughed as I practically shower him of it.

In the middle of me enjoying my peaceful moment there was suddenly a loud thud that caught my attention, as if someone fell from a tree.

"What was that?" I said out loud, partly asking Bruni but mostly asking myself.

I stood up and walked over to the direction I heard it from.

"This isn't really home wind." I heard someone say. I looked around once more, checking my surroundings in case that person was actually nearer than I thought he'd be.

Then I felt a gush of wind pass me, blowing my hair. Oh boy, I hope someone didn't upset the wind spirit.

"Hello?" I called out but no one answered. "Is anyone there? Do you need help?" I called once more.

"It's okay I won't hurt you, I'm here to help." I said walking directly to where I was headed earlier.

To my surprise there wasn't anyone, there was just a pile of fallen snow and a bunch of broken branches. The odd part was that there wasn't any footprints nor a marking of someone falling, but there was a mark on the snow that looked like a huge branch that fell was taken from there. It looks like it was taken just recently, judging by the mark of it.

But it just made no sense, there wasn't any footprints nor paw prints around.

I looked at Bruni, who was on my palm the whole time, and he just tilted his head at me. I sighed. "Maybe I was just hearing things." I said. "Maybe it's also just because I'm hungry." I added.

I set Bruni down and gave him another batch of snowflakes. "I should go back to the tents." I told him as he rolled around the snow.

When I got back I was greeted by Honeymaren, who sat patiently in front of the campfire. "I wasn't sleepy yet." She reasoned although I feel like she hasn't slept yet because she was waiting for me. She usually does that, even when it was my first weeks here. I told her she didn't have to but she insisted.

"Here." She handed me a bowl. "It's already cold though, I didn't have time to heat it up because I didn't know you'd actually come back early." She said.

"It's okay, you didn't have to heat it up. And I'll pretend I didn't hear that sort of insult that you said there." I said. She just laughed.

There was a short silence as I ate what was handed to me. Honeymaren was simply staring at the campfire, casually glancing at me to check if I'm done. "Just tell me if you want seconds." She joked as she noticed me taking so long.

"No, this is fine." I said. "There's just something on my mind." I finally say.

"What is it?" She asked.

"The wind spirit, does it have a physical embodiment? Like me perhaps?" I answered with a question.

"Not that we know of, we've always thought of the wind spirit as this unseen spirit. Nobody really seen of one. As far as I know the fire spirit is the only one with it." Honeymaren answered. "And the water spirit." She added.

She then looked at me. "And you of course." She laughed. "Now that I think of it, it is the only one that doesn't has a physical manifestation other than the actual winds."

"So it doesn't have any physical being it can, I don't know, at least perceive?" I asked.

"Well, it does have a name." Honeymaren said. That was nowhere near what I was asking but let's hear it. "The elders call the wind spirit Gale." She added as if she read my mind about hearing what she was about to say, or maybe she was going to say it either way.

"What a nice name." I comment. A small breeze passed us, a gentle one, as if the wind spirit was thanking me of what I said. I smiled when I thought about Gale thanking me.

"So, what happened out there that made you think all this?" Honeymaren then asked.

"I just thought, I needed to learn more about the other spirits here." I said. "It would be hard protecting something I don't really know about."

"Oh, I get it. Well, if you have more questions I'll gladly answer it with what I know, if I know of it." She said then laughed. I laughed as well.

"Yes, I'll make sure I ask you things you'll likely know of course." I told her.

"Well, I'm heading to bed. You should too." Honeymaren said before heading to her tent.

"Yeah, I could use some rest." I said. I bid her goodnight and headed to my tent as well.