1

Chapter 1

(3rd Person's POV)

"Mom, I want to buy cotton candy." Y/n said holding her Mom's hand.

"Which color do you want, sweetie?" Mrs. Lee asked with a warm smile on her face.

"Pink! Pink! Pink is my favourite." Y/n cheered.

"Here it is!" Mrs. Lee handed one to her daughter.

"Thanks Mom. You are the best." She smiled cutely.

Her mom looked at her. She felt like time was passing so quickly. She wanted to stop the time if that was possible. A sudden pain covered her heart when she remembered that she won't be seeing her smiling like this again in her life. She was trying to enjoy every moment of that day with her one and only daughter. Frankly speaking, with her world.

"What about me? You don't love me, Y/n?" A male voice said with a pout on his face.

"Dad, I love both of you." Y/n replied while enjoying her cotton candy.

"Then give me a hug." He demanded like a little kid.

Y/n put her little arms around his neck and held her Dad tightly. Her Dad whispered into her ears, "Dad loves you the most."

Y/n replied closing her eyes, "I know, Dad."

Her Dad wanted to stay like that for all his life. That warm hug meant so much to him. He knew her daughter won't hug her again. She won't call her 'Dad' again. And it pierces his heart whenever he thinks about it. But he was helpless. He he had to sacrifice this. For his own daughter, for her own sake. He tried to comfort himself by saying that he'll remember the day until his death.

The carnival was so crowded. People were busy spending their time with friends and families. Everyone looked happy. The whole place was full of the smell of candies and popcorns. Lights and musics had made the carnival more interesting, more lively.

It's Y/n's favourite place to spend holidays. And so to her parents. Cause her happiness is their happiness. They love her more than anything in the whole world. They rode many rides. They bought all her favourite snacks. They made a lot of fun. It was one of the best days in Y/n's life. She was only 3 years old. Her whole life was awaiting, waiting for something new. But only if she knew.

<< later >>

It was raining. Mr. Lee's hands were still on the steering wheel. His wife was sitting beside him. Y/n was sleeping in the backseat. She was so tired.

"She's asleep." Mrs. Lee said looking at her husband.

She said again, "Are we really going to do this?" The muscles in her throat got stiffed as she spoke.

He stopped the car near a forest. The engine stopped. The road was wet. There was no house nearby. The deep jungle was the only thing they could see.

"We have no other option." He sighed.

Tears rolled down her cheeks. She said, "It's all your fault. All your fault. Why did you need to get involved in all these? Why?"

He remained silent.

"I can never forgive you." She cried.

"I can never forgive myself too." He said in a low voice. A voice full of heavy pain.

Suddenly Mr. Lee noticed his cheeks were wet. He tried to clean it with his hands.

"What if something happens to her?" Mrs. Lee asked.

"It's up to her fate." He sighed again.

"Fate, huh?" She questioned, but that was heard more like a shout. "You're ruining her fate with your own hands."

He said again, "I've thought about it again and again. And it's the only way I can see."

"Do you think it's safe for her?"

"It's better than seeing her suffering because of me. They can do anything to her."  After a silence, he spoke again, "And it's unbearable for me to see."

"And what if something happens to her now?" 

"Someone will surely come. God will save her. I believe." It was the only answer he could give to his wife's question. He had nothing to do. Every path was closed for him. He had given up everything in the hands of God. He couldn't control it anymore.. He could do nothing even if he wanted to.

"Then why did you bring her to this world?" She said while sobbing.

Mr. Lee was looking at the road. He had no answer to her questions. It was all his fault. He knew he would regret one day. And the day had finally come. 

He said again, "We don't have much time. It's already 10."

They came out of the car. Mrs. Lee came to Y/n. She put her hands on her head. She couldn't believe she was going to leave her. She won't see her face anymore. She won't see her smile, hear her giggles anymore. She won't hear her talking anymore. She was crying, crying like a baby.

Mr. Lee stood next to his wife. He patted her back. She hid her face in his chest while sobbing heavily. She saw her daughter for the last time. Both of them kissed on her forehead. And left, forever.

Mr. And Mrs. Lee started walking towards the jungle. While walking, Mrs. Lee said quietly, "God, look after her." Soon they disappeared in the deep forest. They were well aware of the fact that their daughter would never forgive them for their cruelty. Guilt had been eating them up. They felt they were a failure as parents. They couldn't even protect their own child. But they were really helpless. The situation made them to do this. But will Y/n understand this if she gets to know one day that what her parents did to her? 

Her parents left her alone in the car, in a pitch black night.

Y/n was in deep sleep with her teddy bear in her hands. She didn't know what was happening or what was going to happen next. She was only a baby of 3 years. She didn't know about the difficulties of the worldly life yet. Suddenly a car stopped near the car.

Y/n woke up due to a bright light. She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands. She didn't understand what was happening. Something new was waiting for her.

Author's note:

Hello, readers! This is my first ever fanfic. I hope you'll like it. I'm trying my best to create a good story. I hope you'll support me. And don't forget to comment to let me know if you've liked it or not. Have a good day/night!