26 - Memories

Present time on the Never Realm

[Lloyd]

I suddenly wake, lifting my body, and find myself into the Formlings settlement, and Red just in front of me looking at me with those night-sky blue eyes of hers, I swear I can see the entire universe into her eyes.

-"Are you OK?" - she whispered trying not to wake the others. I only nodded, but I wasn't really, I felt dizzy and sick as if I have been into a centrifuge machine.

-"Come with me!" - she whispers again pulling me out of there, we tiptoe between the sleeping ones and as soon we were out:

-"Hold on my back!" - She tells me.

-"What?" - For a moment I wasn't sure I was really awake.

-"Just do it!" - She said really bossy.

As soon as place my hands on her shoulders, she shifted into the wolf and race away from the village, with me on her back. She climb to the highest point near the village, and drop me at once when she reaches the top, I felt into the soft snow, and she felt the other side and shift back to herself.

-"You have eaten too much yesterday, Lloyd, you are heavier than before..." - she said cracking a laugh.

-"I didn't ask you to carry me all the way here!" - I said playfully, sitting on the snow.

-"Thank you, Akita, for bring me somewhere I can have some fresh air!" - She said mimicking my voice -"You are Welcome Lloyd!" - she responded to herself, sitting by my side, I couldn't stop laughing.

-"Thank you Red!" - I said, wrapping my arm around her. This has become a habit, we are always holding on to each other somehow.

-"Are you feeling any better? I swear your face was totally green over there. Did you have a bad dream?"

I take a deep breath watching the first signs of the rising sun on the horizon, it was a stunning view.

-"WOW... That is a heck of a view!"

-"I know right! - One of my favourite places in this Realm" - She said that as if she has been on a different realm before.

-"I am feeling better, thanks! It was not a bad dream..." - I said to answer her previous questions - "...it was more like a memory. My mother was trying to protect me from some shadow's creatures, they kept tracking us, and she would travel between realms and timelines holding me tightly, and I felt really sick, and suddenly I wake."

-"But, has this really happen to you?"

-"I don't know... it felt really real..."

-"Anything to do with what Zutak told you yesterday? About your mother..."

-"Maybe... What do you know about the Time Traveller Dragons?"

-"Just what Zutak already told you, millennials ago they protect this land. Dark spirits, Oni, demons, I am not sure what to call those creatures, came here and kill them all, spearing only youngest females, those were taken into captivity."

-"That is awful, do you think my mother would be one of them?"

-"I don't know... For what Zutak said last night, yes... however, there is also this prophecy, about the return of the child of the Time Lord."

-"Is this written somewhere?"

-"I have never seen it, but it is supposed to be at the forbidden wood, there is a sacred place there, which was once the Time Lord temple."

-"Have you ever been there?"

-"Yes... but, my people do not know I did, don't say anything, please..."