Chapter 44

~Hey, loves, this chapter contains scenes that could trigger some people so please read with caution!~

I stayed quiet but met his eyes steadily. An unexpected bubble of anger rose inside me as I stared at him longer. The things this man was doing with his comrades was just...

Disgusting.

The man suddenly grinned and touched my chin, sparking chills up me. "She's not bad. With her cute face and toned body, she'll sell for a good price."

I turned my head the other way and glared at him in the corner of my eyes, suddenly finding my voice. "Don't touch me with those filthy hands."

"Oh?" the man's grin widened, revealing a set of crooked and broken teeth. "A feisty one, eh? Although that won't be good if ya don't listen to ya master. We'll have to train ya."

The man got up and was handed a whip. My eyes hardened when I saw blood stains on the rope.

"Now," the man lashed the whip into the air, the strike ripping through the air. "Ya either take back wut ya said or ya become like one of these good girls."

He gestured towards the other girls who immediately flinched and moved away from him as if his hand was a sword. I clicked my tongue and scoffed. "If you think girls are just toys, I pity you. Nobody here should be viewed down as an object. But people like you are the reason why the world is so twisted."

The man twitched as if wanting to hit me but grabbed my chin and pulled my face towards his. "Call me Master, darlin'."

"People are to be loved and objects are to be used. Don't confuse the two," I spat, a silent fuel of rage burning inside of me.

"Hmph. Here's the problem with that, darling," he sneered. "Even with ya goody-two morals, ya won't ever be able to stop that in a crooked world like this. Humans are too greedy for their own good."

"So you go into the trafficking business then?" I growled.

"Well, not all of them are for trafficking," the man pressed closer to my face. "Some are going towards a good cause. It's all for money, little girl."

I grimly smirked. "You wouldn't understand. There are so many other things people treasure over money. If the scales in your heart decides to make bad decisions because the gold on one side is heavier than the other side that holds your morals...well, then that's on you, darling."

The man looked thoroughly surprised by my words and stayed there, crouched in front of me for a while before suddenly breaking out into a roar of laughter. He got up on his feet and grabbed something from his comrades before coming back towards me and crouching down in front of me again.

He had a rope in his hands which he used to tie my already bounded hands and knotted it so tightly, it dug into my skin, causing me to hiss out in pain. Then he reached inside of his pocket and grabbed out a key. Leaning above me, he turned the key, and the chains attached from the wall fell from my wrists.

"What are you—" I was suddenly dragged from the wall and slammed against the cold floor.

"Start sending the girls out," he motioned towards his comrades as he held me against the ground. A moment later, I heard a few rustles behind me, and the sound of footsteps echoing through the empty room. "We'll load them up now and head out tonight."

"Now," he turned towards me. Behind him, I heard Polina yell and scream before they quickly jabbed at the back of her neck, causing her to fall silent. "Jeez, you guys are a noisy group. Let's see here..."