7

When Seonghwa was feeling fully recovered, the four of them finally moved out and left the cave they were staying in.

Wooyoung was still a little uncertain when it came to their plan. They were putting a lot of faith in two alphas they didn't know. At all.

And he had a lot more reason to be nervous around alphas than Seonghwa did. The older had always been in a position of power, so other alphas had to respect him.

Seonghwa could sense his nerves, as he always did, and never left his side because of this.

They chose to stay behind the alphas so they were always in their line of sight.

Are you doing ok? Seonghwa asked as they picked their way through the trees.

Wooyoung let out a small whine and nuzzled into the older's neck. I'm ok. I'm just scared... This is going to be a lot harder than we thought it would be.

I know. I owe you an apology. Seonghwa stopped walking and sat down. His ears fell back as he bowed his head. I should have planned this out better instead of acting on impulse.

Wooyoung whimpered and hurried forward to nuzzle into Seonghwa's chest and neck. Please don't. I'm the one who agreed to go. I want this just as much as you do.

Seonghwa looked up and the saddest expression crossed his face as he started to nuzzle Wooyoung as well.

A quiet huff came from in front of them, and Wooyoung turned to see Jongho's tan wolf and San's white wolf both staring at them.

Jongho tilted his head a little.

This no pack link thing is going to be challenging too. Wooyoung glanced at Seonghwa.

I'm not opening anything up. We are just staying with them until we find a place that we will be safe. The older licked Wooyoung's muzzle before they both stood and started walking forward again.

The two alphas watched them for a moment before resuming the lead.

They walked for most of the day and camped out in a small gathering of threes that night. All four were too nervous to light a fire since they didn't have the protection of a cave, so they ended up eating a cold meal.

A few days after getting together, San voiced the idea of going to a human town to try and get some supplies. While Seonghwa was nervous, the alpha said several times that he had been to one before and he was confident that as long as they stuck together, they would be fine.

So now, the four of them were laying down on the top of a hill observing the city in front of them.

Wooyoung laid his head on his front paws and wagged his tail back and forth as the sweet aroma of baked goods fill the air. Even in wolf form, his stomach grumbled loud enough that he earned a look from his three companions, although he did his best to ignore them.

You have money right? He asked as he looked up at Seonghwa.

The older just nodded his head, the pack in his jaw shaking a little.

Jongho trotted off to the side, followed by San, and the four of them proceeded to shift and dress.

"Ok, so we need to make sure to keep a low profile in here." San walked forward and ruffled his hair while glancing at the other alpha.

A soft smile crossed the younger's face as he nodded. "We will follow your lead."

"Are there other wolves here?" Seonghwa asked, taking Wooyoung's hand in his.