21

With the birth of Archer, the house fell into a different kind of routine that had everyone working together to try and keep things running smoothly,

In the time they had been together, Mingi had renovated the attic into a living space for Wooyoung and Seonghwa to stay in, while San and Jongho stayed in the original room the four of them had shared.

This was mainly so that they two omegas had a safe place they felt like they could go to be alone if need be, especially if anything were to happen with their heats. Mingi rigged it so that they could seal the door shut by adding a trap door that opened into the room. All they needed to do was shove something over it and no one could get in.

Wooyoung could tell that Seonghwa was much happier now that they had their own space that they could just be together. The older was constantly wanting to take Wooyoung up there so they could just be alone together.

Even if it was just laying together in their large bed.

They had been through so much, it was nice to have a sense of peace and be able to just relax.

But Wooyoung was starting to have a nagging feeling at the back of his mind.

It showed itself more when he had some down time and needed to find something to keep his hands busy.

It showed itself the most when he started to reorganize things in the kitchen or in the living room.

While it started small at first, like moving the plates from one cupboard to the other, or moving a recliner to a different area.

But the itch started to grow to the point where Wooyoung was rearranging their bedroom on an almost constant basis.

And it was always worse after he spent time with Archer.

The little joy was adorable, albeit a little brat occasionally. He was not afraid to wail at the top of his lungs in his parents were even a minute late in feeding him. The pair always blamed his attitude on the other, but it was fairly obvious that Archer was going to take after Yeosang.

Besides his parents, he boded with Wooyoung the fastest, so he was usually the one to calm him down when he was upset.

Wooyoung loved cuddling with him on the couch and singing softly to him while others got things done like hunting or doing a supply run.

Much like today. He had Archer nestled in his arms and was tickling his stomach while Seonghwa cleaned around the house. They were waiting for the rest of their pack to come back.

"How's my good boy today, hm?" Wooyoung asked, smiling when Archer let out a little squeal. "That good? It's nice to see you in such a good mood today after that tantrum you threw yesterday."

"Don't remind me." Seonghwa sighed from behind the couch.

Wooyoung tilted his head back and smiled up at his mate. The older bent forward and connected their lips in a quick, but passionate kiss. It made his wolf churn, but as soon as the kiss was over there was a strange emptiness inside him.

When Yeosang and Mingi walked in the door and took Archer for his lunchtime, Wooyoung chewed on his bottom lip and made his way back to his bedroom. At one glance, Wooyoung felt like everything was wrong.

His hands shook as he walked to the bed and started to move it over, thinking it would look better in the corner.

He didn't get far before the trap door opened and a pair of arms wrapped around his waist. "Youngie, what are you doing?" Seonghwa whispered, holding him tight.

"Reorganizing." Wooyoung said, although he knew that was a lie. There was another word for what he was doing right now and he was too afraid to admit it.