3

The flight from the palace was one of the tensest moments Wooyoung could remember having in a long time.

Seonghwa never let go of his hand as he pulled him through the forest surrounding their home.

Their senses were always on high alert as they kept an eye out for any patrols, either from their own pack or one of the visiting ones.

That made it that much harder to try and get away.

There were a few times that they had to stop and turn a different direction to avoid a beta or an alpha that was roaming around.

Wooyoung was starting to think that maybe this was a bad idea.

It was only a matter of time before someone figured out that Seonghwa was gone... His mother or father was bound to check on him to see what his opinion was of all the alphas that had been there tonight.

His heart broke a little as he thought about seeing all those alphas trying to make a move on the older. It had been so hard to try to keep his composure during the entire evening when all he wanted to do was either tell them to back off or run from the hall.

It would have most likely been the later. Seonghwa had always been the more forward one out of the two of them.

That was one of the things Wooyoung loved so much about him.

He hadn't meant for it to happen. He had been hired on as a mere servant, tasked with looking after the royal family. But Seonghwa wasn't like his parents, and he had taken the time to get to know the staff. He knew each of their names and would greet them and ask them about their day when he could.

After some time, he started calling on Wooyoung more and more, asking for him personally.

At first, Wooyoung believed it was just because he was better at doing his job. But one night, as Wooyoung finished cleaning the older omega's room, he was asked to stay.

Seonghwa had approached him slowly, almost hesitantly, and all he did was reach out and take Wooyoung's hand.

They just stood there for a long moment, while they both tried to process what was happening. When Seonghwa used his other hand to lift Wooyoung's chin up to look at him, he had felt his wolf begging him to pull away and make this stop.

It wasn't an alpha or a beta touching him, so it wasn't right.

But the motion made Wooyoung's heart pound faster.

So when Seonghwa had asked Wooyoung to run away with him tonight, he immediately wanted to say yes, and his wolf wanted him to say no.

They both knew that if they were going to be together, it was going to be a struggle. They would have to help their wolves accept each other.

Wooyoung hoped that Seonghwa would be strong enough to convince his wolf, because he knew he would follow the older anywhere.

"We are almost there." Seonghwa whispered as he crouched down behind a tree. "Just a little further and we will be outside the pack border." He turned around and cupped Wooyoung's face.

The younger smiled at the contact and nodded.

They linked hands again and waited for the guard to pass by, then ran forward as fast as they could.

As soon as they crossed the pack line, link with their pack started to slowly fade away since they were leaving willingly.

And they didn't stop. They kept running for several minutes, not bothering to stay hidden now that they were outside the border. The goal was just to get far enough away that they could shift.