37

Seonghwa felt like his entire world had stopped, both when he watched Wooyoung drop through the hole beneath him, and then a second time when the platform collapsed on top of him and Jongho

By then, his mother had managed to drag him away from the wreckage and now he was struggling to regain control of himself.

San had run to the destroyed platform, so he knew the others had help.

He screamed when his mother fisted his hair and started to pull. "Stop fighting me! There's no way that weakling survived that fall, come with me now!" She snapped. Her voice shook and she kept glancing at where Mingi was fighting with her mate.

Seonghwa could see she was scared.

He roared and clawed at her arm, not afraid of drawing blood in his attempt to loosen her grip on him.

The ground shook next to them and his mother cried out in pain.

Mingi had managed to throw Seonghwa's father across the courtyard and into one of the side buildings. It collapsed on top of him, but Seonghwa knew it wasn't enough to stop his father. He was too powerful.

"M-Mingi!" He shouted.

The alpha turned his direction and straightened up when he saw what was happening to Seonghwa.

"B-Be ready! AAH!" Seonghwa cried out again when his mother yanked on his hair.

"Sh-Sh-Shut up!"

But the omega had had enough. He drew on all his inner strength, and the small bit of Wooyoung he could still feel in their bond, and shifted. It was painful because he was weak from refusing to eat, but it needed to be done.

Seonghwa immediately turned on his mother. He snarled and as soon as he saw she was going to try and shift too, swiped at her.

She was small for a beta, so the impact sent her flying into a building on the other side of the courtyard.

Seonghwa paused when she didn't get up...

But then a small cry of pain drew his attention and he raced over to the platform.

San had Jongho's head in his lap and was staring at Wooyoung with wide, panicked eyes.

The omega was on his hands and knees holding his round stomach. He looked so thin...

Seonghwa started to walk forward, but was distracted by a cry of pain. His head snapped around and he saw Mingi pinned underneath his father once more. Both alphas had foam coming form their mouth as they both fought for the upper hand.

Mingi was losing.

Once more, Seonghwa forced himself to move away from his mate and toward the man who started this all.

His father was distracted with Mingi, so Seonghwa was able to lower his head and ram into the alpha's side. They both went rolling away, but Seonghwa was quick to get back on his feet. He hurried over to one of his alphas and nuzzled his neck.

Mingi's eyes fluttered and his breathing was labored, but he managed to stand up again.

They turned toward their enemy and were ready to defend themselves again, but a new surprise entered the fight.

Hongjoong came flying down one of the side streets with two other alphas behind him. All three of them flew threw the air and used their strength to knock the large alpha in front of them to the ground.

Seonghwa's father quickly retaliated and rolled over, smashing Hongjoong beneath him. The other two attackers managed to get out of the way, but Hongjoong was left laying on the ground.