Chapter 2

On a snowy morning in Seoul, a little boy is strolling around with his teddy bear. Before leaving their hotel, he left a voice mail on his grandma's phone, saying he would find her mother. But before he looks for his mom, he needs to eat first. Luckily, their hotel was near one of the best streets where you can buy different variety of foods. He was naively looking for something to eat not minding the danger of the street.

The little boy arrived in front of a store selling ice cream in J-shape cones. He got curious because their many children with their parents buying in that place.

"Good morning, sir!". The little boy greeted the ice cream vendor. He looks around the store and was amazed to see those ice cream inside of different cone shapes, particularly in J-shape.

"Good morning too, little boy, do you want jipangyi?" The vendor asked the little boy, and he nodded in response.

"But I'm afraid that my money is not enough to buy one." He showed the vendor his one-dollar money from his pocket. "I only have $1 in my pocket."

"Don't worry, child. Your $1 is enough to buy one jipangyi." The vendor smiles.

"Really?!" The little boy was ecstatic.

"Wait there. I'm going to make your jipangyi!"

"I love milk ice cream, sir!" The little boy jumps happily which made the vendor laughs. He watches the vendor makes his jipangyi with a big smile on his face.

"Sir, where is this place? It's my first time here?" The little boy asked.

"Myeongdong Street Food Alley." The vendor hands him a jipangyi. "Are you alone? Where's your mother?"

The little boy looks around the street, hoping that she will see his mother. Fortunately, he saw Jennie Kim leaving one of the stores. The person he was just looking for.

"There, she's my mommy," the little boy pointed out the woman passing by. "Bye! Here's your $1. Thank you, sir!" The little boy gave the vendor his payment and ran away following Jennie Kim to the parking lot.

"Mommy!" He shouted but the woman didn't hear him.

"Mommy Jen!" The little boy runs to catch up with the woman but unfortunately, Jennie has already left.

"Taxi!" A taxi stops in front of the little boy.

The little boy carefully opens the door and rides the taxi. "Sir, can you follow that car, please."

"Where are your guardian, kid?" The driver asked after seeing in his rearview mirror that the little boy is alone.

"There, the car that we are going to follow," he pointed to Jennie's car. "My mom is sick, so she forgot that I'm with her."

"She has Alzheimer's disease?" The little boy just nodded though he didn't know what Alzheimer's disease is.

---

"I went to run some errands in Myeongdong, Wendy." Jennie got out of her car while talking to her friend on the phone. "Yes Wendy, see you! Bye bitch~"

She put away her phone and went inside her house. She was immediately greeted by her dog upon entering inside.

"Hi, Kuku, do you miss mommy?" She hugs her dog and kisses him. While she was playing with Kuma, she heard the doorbell ring, so she got up and went outside.

A cute little boy showed in front of her as she open the gate.

"Hello, little boy, what is your name?"