Chapter 3

"Well little boy," Jennie called Lucas who is busy devouring a bowl of cookies that she baked. She sat down on the couch beside Lucas in her living room.

"Yes, mommy?" Lucas put down the cookie he is eating. His messy face smiles sweetly at Jennie.

She unconsciously laughs at the little boy's messy face full of cookie crumbs. Jennie finds it cute and heartwarming, she's not fond of kids but this little boy is really adorable.

"You're a messy eater." She jokingly said.

"No, it's normal! I'm still a child, I have tiny hands and teeth, and my mouth is also small so I cannot eat properly!"  The little boy shows both of his hands and teeth to Jennie, proving his point.

"Alright, alright." Jennie shook her head with a smile on her face. She took a tissue to wipe off the cookies on the little boy's face.

"Anyway, do you have any contact number of your grandparents?"

The little boy shook his head.

"How about an id or something that your parents can trace you?"

He shook his head again, "It's also on my backpack."

Jennie exhales deeply. "Then why did you leave without bringing it with you?"

"Grandma told me to bring my backpack to Korea because I keep forgetting it."

"How about where are you currently staying?"

"I know!" Lucas jumped from his sit excitingly. "It's Korean, I know hangul! Also English and Thai! Daddy is also teaching me french, but I can also read and write my name and daddy's!"

Jennie's eyebrow creased and she asked the little boy. "How old are you?"

"I'm four years old!" The little boy shows off his five little fingers to Jennie. "I will be turning five in a few days!" 

"Are you for real?"

"Yes, mommy! I grew up speaking English! Grandma and grandpa always talk in Thai, Daddy can also speak in french, then daddy and I enrolled in a Korean class last year!"

Jennie was shocked. She couldn't believe that this little boy can speak three different languages at his age. Normally, kids at his age likes to play and explore, some can't still talk clearly, but this boy is impressive."

"What else can you do?"

"I can play instruments! Piano, and violin, but my favorite to play is drum!"

"What else?" She was in awe watching the little boy enthusiastically talks about his skills and hobbies.

"-I like solving math problems even if it has letters and shapes!" The little boy continues speaking while his hand is holding a new piece of cookie.

Jennie can stop smiling at him because she remembers herself in the little boy. When she was two years old, she can read and write. At three years old, she can recite all the countries in the world, and she already memorizes the periodic table, the amino acids, functional groups in organic chemistry, etc. When she was four years old, she knows how to cook an egg and solve basic calculus problems. At the age of 5, she speaks six different languages.

"I forgot to tell you, mommy."

"What is it?"

"Daddy and her friends teach me how to drive a jet!"

"Jet?! Like an airplane, flying in the sky?"  The little boy nodded while she was stunned and her mouth left agape.

"Mommy, an insect will enter your mouth." The little boy chuckles. "Here's a cookie, mommy."