Chapter 24

"Seriously, Yeri, do you know how long did you take a bath?" The first thing Jennie did when her cousin got out of the bathroom is to complain. The three of them were currently staying at a condominium owned by the Kims.

"Probably, almost half an hour?"

"Thank God, you're aware but you must know that taking a long time showering is bad for your body"

"Whatever" Yeri rolled her eyes, "Can you please go outside" Jennie obediently go outside. Yeri's cousin was really annoying.

"Jennie, are you alright? You look uneasy, sit down first" Joy was on the couch, she's done checking through her email.

"I'm just excited to see my little boy. 4 days felt like forever to me. I really miss him. And I don't want to be late at his birthday party"

"The party will start at 10 am-"

"I know, Joy, I know. I have a feeling that something big was coming to Lucas."

The taller girl raised her brow. "Since when you did learn to predict?"

"It's not a prediction, it's a mother instinct" Jennie rolled her eyes and leave the room. "Tell your girlfriend to move quickly, I will wait for both of you at the car."

---

Outside the Manoban's Residence, a black sedan was parked. Inside, three fresh ladies were astonished to the view in front of them.

"I never knew that houses here are not just a mansion,"

There are high tech houses, traditional houses, palace-like houses, and much more different style of the mansion.

"Their house was very different in what grandfather have in Korea"

The mansion was the birthday party celebrated was like the Versailles House in Florida.

"Is the address correct?"

"Of course, also I found in Google that the Manoban were living in a Versailles House like mansion" the girl on the driver's seat, who appears to be the tallest among them, said.

"Seems that your son was living like a prince here" Yeri sighed,

"Aren't you going inside, looks like the party was getting started"

"I don't like to come inside, I'm nervous, there are so many visitors," said the woman with a brunette hair.

"It's normal for a party to have many visitors," Yeri mumbled.

Jennie gave her a deadly glare.

"Before you enter the party let me inform you, Manobans own the biggest restaurant chain in Southeast Asia so expect that the party inside was very luxurious."

"Kims was more impressive than Manobans," Yeri said in a boring tone.

"Did I said that Manobans was great?" Joy asked.

"I'm just stating the truth!"

Jennie rolled her eyes, once again she felt out of place in the scene. What a piece of a third wheel.

The couple continues to argue until Jennie gets irritated. She went outside the car and slams the door. Joy and Yeri stopped for a moment and follow her outside.

"If both of you are going to fight here, it's better if you stayed back in Seoul."

They both shut their mouths, Like children who get scolded by the teacher.

Jennie walks towards the gate, she didn't realize that the two were not following her instead, they're standing beside the car looking at each other lovingly.

"Are you going to stand there until the party finished?!" They both hurried behind Jennie.

The three of them were about to enter the house when a strong built man blocked their way.

"No invitation, no entry," the guard said

"Did your mother-in-law gave you an invitation?" Yeri asked

Jennie shakes her head "She didn't bring one at Korea"

"You know sir, this woman was the birthday celebrant mother" guard eyed her suspiciously and ignore them.

Joy turned to the celebrant's mother. "Can you call your mother in law and tell her to let us in"

"I can reach her phone"

"What are we going to do now?"

"Come here," Jennie said in a low voice. "We can beat up the guard"

"Are you crazy?!" Joy exclaimed.

"Lower your voice" she shut her mouth. "Yeri, I know you're a black belter in taekwondo and you're much better than me in martial arts"

"I like your plan but isn't too harsh"

"Not really"

"What I'm going to do, I never had any taekwondo class in my whole" Joy said.

"Just stay there, we can handle this big guy" Jennie answers.

"Okay"

"Are you ready, cuz?" Yeri nods and they launched on the guard. The guard looks like he doesn't know to fight so the cousins beat her up in just a few minutes.

"Idiot!" Joy nags

---

In the garden, inside the Manoban's residence, the whole crowd was singing the traditional birthday song. When the song finished the host asked the little boy, who's standing the center with his grandparents beside him, of what is his birthday wish.

"I wish that my parents are here to celebrate my birthday!"

The crowd cheered and the little boy was giggling because of excitement. He knew that his mother was coming.

Everyone stopped when the gate open. It revealed three young pretty Korean ladies.

"Mommy!" The little boy runs to his mother and hugs her tightly.

"Happy Birthday my little boy" Jennie whispered to him then she kissed him on lips. "Mommy misses you so much, I love you, Lucas" she showed her precious gummy smile to him.

"I love you too, mommy. Lucas miss you too"

The little boy was extremely happy at that time because one of his wish was granted, his mother came, what about the father?

[A/N]: Miss you guys. I've been busy this week up to the last day of the school year. Don't worry there still be an update but on weekends.

No proofread

[Published]: 200222