Chapter 15

[Reminder]: This story takes time back at 2019

"Thank you so much, Ms. Kim, for looking to Lucas this past few days. We thought that we already lost him. We are very sorry, Ms. Kim."

"It's okay, Mrs. Manoban, and just calls me Jennie, no need to be formal. We're not strangers. Besides, this little boy was a smart kid. At least he didn't give headaches" The little boy's mother lied.

Jennie, Lucas, and his grandparents were in a coffee shop in Myeongdong.

"You're lucky, Ms. Kim. I mean Jennie because Lucas was hard-headed just like any other children. He's very mean in others," Marco, Lucas' grandfather said.

"I'm not mean!" The little boy complained.

"Don't worry, Jennie, we'll take him with us after this," Mrs. Manoban said. Jennie's face saddened. She didn't like his son to leave yet. She still wants to spend her time with him.

"No, I'm staying with mommy!"

"She's not your mommy..."

"Daddy said that Jennie Kim is my mommy and she is"

"You don't understand Lucas, Jennie is not your real mother."

"Excuse me, Mrs. Manoban, but Lucas and I have a DNA test together." Jennie hands the result to the little boy's grandparents. "It says that I'm Lucas's biological mother."

The middle-aged couple couldn't believe that in only a couple of days that Lucas went missing, they already did a DNA test.

"Let me explain this to you, Jennie."

"Okay, please, I don't remember Lisa, and how'd met"

"Lucas, why don't you grab an ice cream outside with grandpa?"

"I don't want ice cream. It's winter season" the little boy reply

"I know a place where we can buy your favorite hot chocolate, wanna come," his grandfather said.

"Okay," he rolled his eyes. The little boy put his things inside his bag, and they both leave the coffee shop.

"Lisa, my daughter, after she graduated in the United Kingdom, she moved to France to work as a photographer in a modeling agency. That time she met her wife, Daisy Yoo."

"She's married?!" Jennie exclaimed

"Yes, but she died in an accident after she gave birth to Lucas."

"So, Lucas didn't get from my uterus?"

"Yes, she came from Daisy. We didn't get a chance to meet her, my daughter never brings her to Thailand, even at their wedding, we're not invited. One day she called us that she and her girlfriend were married and planning to have a baby sooner, but her wife has a problem in the ovary. She asked me if I know someone willing to donate an egg cell because they were going to try IVF."

"That little boy is my real son, I know it, on the first time I saw him, I feel different."

"Every mother knows that feeling," Mrs. Manoban said. Jennie smiled in return. "When Lucas is only eight months, Lisa and him, they traveled to Thailand to live with us. She doesn't have anyone to help her to take care of her baby because his biological mother is in a different country. She never mentioned her wife's name to us since she got back. While the little boy is growing, she told him that her mother is Daisy Yoo. Instead, she told him that her mommy is Jennie Kim, and she's working on Korea."

"Can you tell me about how did Lisa and I have a son?" Mrs. Manoban nodded her head and sipped a coffee.

"I think you know that her name before is Pranpriya?"

"Yes, I remember."

"She said that Pranpriya has a client named Jennie Kim. This woman has an interesting story. That's why she helps her to be a model, and she has a stage name of Ruby Jane. Pranpriya successfully made Ruby Jane popular in the runway, in exchange for making her famous, Ruby Jane needs to give her an egg cell. After she gave the egg cell, they parted ways and never got heard of each other."

"I don't remember Ruby Jane gave her egg cell to someone. Maybe I completely kill her in my mind" They both chuckled

"Lisa, always saying good things about you. I can tell my daughter likes you," Jennie blushed. "If she's here right now, both of you can make a great couple and a great family," she blushes harder.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Manoban. I heard of what happened to Lisa."

"It's not your fault. It's her duty to protect the country and to help the innocents."

"It must have been hard for Lucas."

"Lucas was a very smart kid, she understands everything, but only the death of Lisa's is the thing he couldn't understand. She promised that after their charity mission in Africa, they would go to Korea to her mommy. That little boy was excited to you, and he waits for every morning to shine, waiting for Lisa to come back. On their way back to our country, the terrorist attacks the plane they riding. And when Lucas heard the locks himself inside his room for a day. He didn't eat, he just hugs his teddy bear. He didn't talk, he just cries."

"At least you granted his wish to visit South Korea?"

"It's still not enough. His wish is to have a complete family, just like his classmates in Thailand."

"He's already studying?" The little boy's mother was a bit surprised.

"Yes, he likes to go to school. He likes to learn more about the world. He wanted to become a chemist someday."

"I love chemistry" Jennie stated

"I think we should find them. It's already lunch, Lucas must be hungry this time."

"Let's go," the future in-laws made their way outside the coffee shop.

"Mommy! Grandma!" The little boy shouted from nowhere. He is with his grandfather.

"Hey, little boy, what's up?"

"I want to stay here in Seoul with you, mommy, Myeongdong is very beautiful!" He giggles

"Wait until you see the rest of the city."

"Grandma, can we stay here with mommy?" Lucas asked

"We can't. Our flight is scheduled before your birthday."

"But..."

"You said you want to celebrate your birthday with your friends?"

"How about my mommy?"

"We'll come back here if you want."

"Lucas, we can spend the rest of your time here in Korea by exploring the whole Seoul," Jennie suggests.

"Can we?"

"If your grandparents let me."

"Can I stay with mommy? I promise before my birthday I'll go with you to Thailand. Please!"

"Okay, but don't stress your mommy."

"Aye, aye, grandma" Mrs. Manoban turned to Jennie and gave her a calling card. "Here's my number calls us if you need anything or you can to our restaurant branch in Gangnam."

"Thank you, Mr., and Mrs. Manoban."

"No problem," the little boy's grandparents leave.

"Let's go buy you new clothes. We'll have dinner at Kim's mansion later."

[A/N]: requested by summer020329

I love you guys! I love you, babe!

Good night, Philippines

[Published]: 200118