Eighteen

Hayes' pov>>

Kayla went to sleep I felt really bad about what I did. I can't do this to her again. Should I just break up with her? No... That wouldn't be right because I still love her. But I can't just lead her on.

I'm gonna have to talk to someone about this.... I think Cameron is the person I should go to. He does know her best.

He had went to his room. I got up and went to his room. I knocked on his door.

"Cameron?"
"Yeah." He said.
"Can I talk to you?"
"Yeah what is it."
"It's me and Kayla."
"Okay."
"Well, I fell really bad what I did to her. And I still love her, but, I can't hurt her again."
"And how are you gonna fix that?" He said.
"Should I break up with her?" I said looking down.
"I can't decide that Hayes."
"Okay." I sighed and got up.

I walked over to her room. She was still asleep so I just crawled in bed with her.

I was behind her with my arm around her. I wanted to be with her forever, but I know I'll end up hurting her again.

I have to break up with her. It was only 9:30. I had to do it now or I would never do it.

I turned on her room light then went over to her. I shook her and said her name.

"Yeah?" She said sleepily.
"We need to talk."
"Okay." She said uncovering herself. My breath hitched.
"What is it." She said making me realize I was staring.
"Umm, just let me finish what I have to say before you talk." She shook her head then I spoke.

"Kayla, I really love you. And I always will but I don't want to hurt you again."

"So your going to hurt me by breaking up with me?" She said sassily.

"Kayla, it's better if I do it now then to hurt you later. I'm sorry."

"Okay.. It's okay.... So am I supposed to move back with my dad when we get home?"
"No, you don't have to... I mean if you want to you can.. But."
"Okay." She said.

Kayla's pov>>>

This is it. Hayes just broke up with me. Yeah I'm really sad, and scared. I still love him. But I'll be alright I can move on. Everything happens for a reason. Right?

I was no longer tired. I walked to Cameron's room and tried to not look sad. It somewhat worked.

I crawled onto his bed and got under the covers.
"Hey babe." He smiled.
"Hey."
"How's it going."
"Okay I guess."
"Are you okay."
"Yeah, Hayes and I just broke up."
"I'm sorry."
"It's okay... I'll be alright."
"Okay. Just know I'm here for you no matter what."
"Thanks Cam."
"Wait, when you get home where are you gonna go."
"I don't know, he said I could stay but I'm not sure."
"I would stay if I were you."
"Okay." I said.

I went downstairs and watched movies. I ended up not going to sleep at all. It's okay though.

4 weeks later......

It was time to go home. I was excited to see skylynn and the rest of the family. I was starting to tear up though. I was going to miss the jacks and nash. But mostly I'll miss Cameron. He's my best friend and like my brother.

Me and Hayes remain friends. But I don't know. I just think it'll be weird when we're by ourselves.

"Kayla?" Cameron asked
"Yeah?" I said
"We're at the airport."
"Oh." I said sadly.
"It'll be okay. I love you."
"I love you to." I said hugging him.

They decided not to come In and just let me and Hayes go by ourselves. We said goodbye and walked inside.

We were almost late so we had to run. I was laughing so hard at Hayes.

I was happy when we got to sit by eachother. I didn't want to sit by some creep.

A little while after we took off my phone was ringing. It said 'Tatum🙅' I sighed and answered.

"Hello?" I said
"Hey gurrl where have you been?"
"I was in California for a month."
"Omg! Really Hayes and them where up there! Nevermind you don't know who that is!" She practically yelled.

I'm guessing Hayes heard because he was laughing.

"Yeah I know who he is... I was with him." I said sarcastically.
"Really when!"
"Umm all month." I laughed.
"Stop lying."
"Nope I'm with him right now."
"No your not."
"I was dating him."
"Lies!" She yelled.

Hayes could hear the whole conversation. He was laughing.

I handed him the phone.

"Do you really go out with her!!!"
"Well I did." He said sadly.
"Aww what happened."
"I happened." He said
"Okay?" She said and he hung up.

We got home and I went to unpack. I finished then put on workout clothes. I ran downstairs and found Hayes.

"Hayes will you go workout with me?"
"Yeah sure." He said getting up.

We went to the gym and had a good workout. I went home and took a shower and gel asleep on the couch.

A week later~~~

Hayes had told me that he has a girlfriend. He said her name is Shaylee. He wanted me to meet her and I agreed. She was coming over to the house and I didn't feel like changing.

I mean I didn't look bad. I was wearing leggings and a baby blue crop top. After about an hour she showed up.

She was really pretty. She had long black curly hair. She had green eyes and freckles. She was really tan. And SUPER PRETTY unlike me. People tell me that I'm pretty but I don't believe them. Who would.

"Hi, I'm Kayla." I smiled.
"Hi." She said rudely.
"I'm gonna go now." I said signaling to the stairs.

I turned around and she spoke. It was quite but I could make it out.

"What is she wearing, she's so ugly. And fat." I could barely hear her.
"I know shay." He said.

She didn't bother me but the fact that Hayes agreed. I just shook my head and kept walking up the stairs.

I went to my room and plopped onto my bed. I sighed and pulled out my phone. I called Haley and got up.

"Hello?" She said
"Hey!"
"What's up?"
"I was gonna ask if you want to go to the Gym with me?"
"Yeah sure. Same one as always?"
"Yep!" I smiled at her memory. We haven't seen eachother since the last day of school last year.
"Meet you there in ten?"
"Okay see Ya then." I replied with a smile even though she couldn't see me.

I grabbed my headphones and headed downstairs.

"I'm going to the gym." I said when I got to the door.
"See Ya later!" He yelled back.

I walked out the door and headed to the gym. I was running just for more exercise. Before I got there I ran into someone.

"Oh my gosh I'm sorry.!" I spoke.
"No no it's okay." He smiled.

He had blonde hair and brown eyes. He wasn't that talk but he wasn't short. He was pretty cute but I don't know.

"Where you going in such a hurry?" He asked and smiled.
"Oh I'm just going to the gym."
"That's where I was going... Do you mind if I join you?" He asked.
"Yeah that's cool."
"My names Matthew by the way."
"My names Kayla, wait do you do vine? Like are you Matthew Sherrill?"
"Yeah I am, are you a fan girl?"
"Not exactly, I mean I haven't watched you, I've heard Hayes talking about you."
"You know Hayes."
"Yeah, I live with him."
"So do you guys like date?"
"No, we used to but not anymore."
"Oh I'm sorry."
"It's okay."
"Umm I'm meeting someone here her name is Haley but I'm pretty sure sure she won't care if you come." I said

When we got there Haley of course thought that he was my boyfriend. Me and him both disagreed and made things awkward. That soon changed then it was time to leave. I got his number and we parted ways. We were going to meet up tomorrow and go to the mall then the park. I was excited and ready. I'm not sure if I like him or not but I'll still be his friend.