Twenty-six

<<Monday night>>

I have to go to school tomorrow. I'm kinda excited and scared. The school that I go to doesn't really have a dress code so you could wear pretty much anything. Like crop tops and shorts. Nothing slutty though.

I pick out my clothes for tomorrow. I get a Neon Green crop top and capris. I find my black vans and put them with the clothes.

I decided to take a shower at night so I wouldn't have to do it in the morning. I walk to the bathroom after getting night clothes. I turn on the water. I go ahead and brush my teeth while I wait for the water to get hot.

I finish with that and hop in the shower. I wash my hair and body. After I had finished I dry off and put on my clothes. I blow dry my hair so I wouldn't have to sleep with wet hair.

I walk downstairs and tell everyone goodnight.

I fall asleep quickly and didn't sleep that well. I tossed and turned all night. Before I knew it, it was time to get up and ready.

I put on my clothes and walk to the bathroom. I brush my hair and teeth . I looked at my hair and decided to just go ahead and straighten it.

I applied little makeup and walked downstairs. I knew no one would be awake yet. I left a note that read 'I'm off to school. I'll just walk home afterwards. Love you guys!' And signed my name.

I walked out the doors and walked to school. It wasn't that far away from the house. When I was about a block away I spotted Jayden walking.

I called his name so that we could walk together. He was nice.

Springer was not a very big school. So all if the eighth graders were in the same classes at the same time. Except gym and art. You take one of the two. You can't take both.

My schedule goes:
Language
Math
Science
--lunch--
Music
Gym
Geography

Out of the people that I hang out with Jayden was the only one that took gym with me. Everyone else takes art.

Me and Jayden get to the school and join the rest of the group. I guess Tatum wasn't friends with Reagan or Haley anymore. Oh well.

My day goes by quick it was finally time for gym. I'm a very sporty person. The couch noticed me and was excited. I was the best girl basketball player that they had.

He said that we were going to play basketball today. I was happy. He made me one of the captains. The first person I put in my team was Jayden.

We played the game and my team ended up winning. It was 32-16 Jayden was extremely good at the game.

I went to geography and I hated the teacher. He was the same one as last year and he's so annoying. He gets all my nerves and he stinks. I already had a bad rep with him. I am a complete smart-ass to him. He hates it to.

The day was finally over. I didn't have any homework because they don't give homework at this school. If you finish it all in class anyways. If you don't then you have homework. If you don't do it at home they will give you detention.

I walk to the front of the school and I sit in the bench. I look at my phone. I didn't feel like walking home yet so I just got on Twitter. I was about to get up and start to walk home when someone sits next to me.

I look up and see Hayes.

"Hayes!"
"Kayla!" He laughed.
"What are you doing here?" I ask.
"I wanted to walk my bestfriend home." He said
"Who's that?" I ask
"Umm, you?" He said like I was stupid.
"Oh." I laughed.

We walked home and he asked how my day was. I told him it was okay. It was. We continued talking and walking. It was fun to be with Hayes. I missed hanging out with him as a friend.

We walk home and he goes and hangs out with Jordan in his room. Me and Jordan have became friends and she is really nice.

I'm in my room and Alex calls me.

"Hey Alex! What's up?" I said
"Umm I have a question." She said
"Okay what is it." I say.
"Do you like anyone at school."
"Why? Who likes me." I said.
"I'm not supposed to say."
"Well I'm not telling you until you tell me." I said
"I can't Kayla."
"Then I'm not telling you." I smirked.
"Fine, if I tell you, you can't tell him I said anything."
"Okay, okay, I won't!"
"It's Jayden."
"Really?" I said not expecting it.
"Yeah, do you like him back."
"I don't know, he's kinda cute but I'm not sure." I said
"Okay." She said
"Okay well u have a question for you." I said.
"What is it." She said.
"Do you like Austin."
"Umm" she said
"Spill it." I said
"Yeah I do." She said.
"Okay."

We said goodbye and hung up.

I called Austin and told him the good news. He thanked me and i told him not to tell her that I told him. He said okay. I argued with him because he didn't want to ask her out. I finally got him to ask her and she ended up saying yes. They really do make a cute couple.

Tatum called me around five and told me to meet her in the park. I said okay and went to tell Hayes. I left and found her with Jayden.

At the time I knew it was a set up. She was going to leave me alone with Jayden so he could ask me out. I didn't want to say yes, but I didn't want to say no. I don't know what I'll say.

I pulled Tatum close and whispered in her ear "I hate you." She just whispered back "you'll thank me later."

I shook my head no and said hi to Jayden. He looked Extremely nervous. Tatum walked home leaving me alone with him. He was fifteen and I'm still thirteen! He just turned fifteen and I don't turn 14 until July.

"So." He said.
"So." I smiled and sat down on the grass.
"You know why Tatum told you to come here don't you?" He asked tearing at the grass.
"Yeah." I smiled and looked at the ground.
"Well I really do like you."
"Why?" I asked.
"Because your pretty and what I've seen of you your really nice."
"Thanks" I said
"Well, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked
I took a deep breath and said "sure." With a smile.

We sat and talked for a while. And by five thirty i was walking home with a huge smile on my face. I really did like him. From the moment I met him at the mall. I liked him. But I wasn't going to admit it to anyone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Kayla has a boyfriend.

Ship name? It's Kayden.
Yay! Thanks for reading!