Chapter 4: My Dear

The sun rose quietly into the sky. This day wold be the most important day in the history of days according to the great Moriarty.

When the sun rose, Astrid woke up in an empty bed. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, frowning at the absence of the Irish psychopath.

Astrid hauled herself out of the bed and lazily put on a pair of black Pyjama shorts and a black jumper. She stumbled over to the door of the en-suite and knocked on the door.

"Jim?"

"Yup," came a delayed voice.

"Can I come in?"

"Yup."

She pushed the door open to find Jim stood at the sink with a toothbrush in his mouth. Astrid leant on the edge of the door framed and giggled

"What?"

"I'm never gonna get used to this." She chucked and Jim frowned, "seeing you doing such mundane activities."

"I'm brushing my teeth." Jim mumbled

"What was that, dear?"

Jim rolled his eyes and spit out the toothpaste in his mouth before walking past Astrid and into the room. She watched him sort out his outfit and slick his hair back into its signature look she sauntered over to the table where he kept all his ties and picked one out for him. She turned around and beckoned Jim towards him.

"So are you going to tell me what's going on?"

He discarded her question by pressing his lips onto hers before shortly pulling away. She raised an eyebrow and began to tie her boss' tie.

"Ask Seb." He said flatly. When Astrid had finished, he placed his hands on her shoulders looking at her seriously, "there's just one thing, it's quite important."

"Right?"

"You remember where we first met, right?"

"Of course," she replied and Jim urged her on, "at The George, you took me to dinner."

"It's just that ...if anything happens to me-"

"Okay, shut up, nothing is gonna happen ...you're gonna be fine"

"Yeah." He said uncertainly.

"Jim?"

"Just in case."

Astrid sadly nodded as she fumbled with his tie.

"What should I do for now?"

"Go with Seb, he knows what to do. He'll explain everything."

"Okay." She sighed and dropped his tie, "lemme get dressed."

She pulled on a pair of jeans and a plain blouse from her smaller wardrobe and threw a hoodie over her head. She went back to Jim who held his hand out for her. She took it and smiled as he drew her into him, pressing their foreheads together.

"Well aren't we a matching couple?" He joked and Astrid let out a slight laugh.

"Yeah we are," she looked at her feet earning a confused look from Jim. He put two fingers under her chin and tilted her face upwards so that their eyes met.

"Don't look like that, love." Jim smiled, "you trust me?"

Astrid replied by pressing their lips together. Jim put a hand by Astrid cheek, but they were pulled apart by the noise of Jim's phone pinging in his pocket. He looked at the message which was from Sherlock.

Come and play.
Bart's Hospital rooftop.
SH

Another message followed

PS. Got something
of yours you might
want back.

Astrid looked at Jim who smirked at the text.

"I've got him fooled."

"Oh yeah, what does he have?"

"Binary codes," Jim said as he took her hand and lead her out of the room, "he thinks that the code is able to unlock any door, when really it doesn't exist. It's just a hoax."

Astrid smiled in understanding, "Sherlock always wants everything to be clever."

"Exactly"

They made there way down the stairs where Seb and another driver were waiting.

"You wait here with Seb and follow me to the hospital. Seb will tell you what's going on, okay?"

Astrid nodded as Jim pulled her towards her into a short and sweet kiss. He smirked his trademark smirk and stepped away.

"See ya."