Chapter 44: Good Morning

The next morning the pair woke up late. Astrid woke up, pleasantly feeling fingers softly pulling through her hair. She stretched out in the bed and looked up at Jim. He had his eyes closed and his head was facing the ceiling. His other hand was resting, absentmindedly stoking her forearm. She lifted a hand up and covered his, lifting it up above her face to watch herself intertwine their fingers. His lips twitched up into a smile.

Astrid smiled up at him from where her head was rested on his chest, "so what's happening with this gala?"

Jim opened his eyes and looked down at Astrid, "it's next week."

"What's it for?"

"Showing off."

Astrid smiled, "showing off what?"

"Showing off you." He cupped her cheek as she grinned and straddled his hips, leaning over his face, "it's a bit of a resurrection, but, mainly to show you off."

Astrid's eyes widened, "can I not show you off?"

Jim didn't answer, he just laughed half heartedly. Astrid sat up on his hips, causing the sheet to fall off her body. She bit her lips as Jim's hands made their way down the curves of her frame, to rest on her hips. He looked her up and down and raised his brow, "Good morning to you too."

"Yes, it is a good morning, isn't," she grinned and ran her fingers over his bare chest, "so?"

"Seb'll organize it," he said as Astrid rested her head on his chest. He moved his hands back to her hair and she sighed, breathing in his scent, "what about today?"

He shrugged, "there is absolutely nothing to do today."

After a few seconds of the two lying down in silence Jim moved his hands to his sides and pushed himself up, Astrid adjusting her bodyweight slightly to allow him to sit up. She pressed her forehead to Jim's and they looked into each others eyes.

Eventually, Jim spoke, "we should probably get out of bed, though."

To this, Astrid gave him and offended look, "Nope."

She pressed a kiss to his lips to his, hoping he would take it further, but he just kept his lips shut, tightly.

"I literally just sat up."

"At least let me kiss you!" she grinned widely and poked her tongue out of her sealed lips, lightly tracing his mouth. He let out a laugh, causing his mouth to open slightly, giving her, in tern, full access to his gob. She placed two hands on his face and passionately smashed her lips to his. She sat up on her knees, making Jim tilt his head up to kiss her before she fell back town to sit back down. She pulled away and raised an eyebrow and Jim just shook his head.

"You're a manipulative little shit, aren't you?"

Astrid widened her eyes, "I wonder where I get it from?"

"Your father?" he briefly twitched his head to the side as Astrid choked out a gasp of disbelief. She leant into his face and smirked.

"Low blow." she spoke slowly, "James."

"Right, that is-"

Without saying another word he pushed her off him and swiftly jumped over her giggling body. Astrid jokingly stroked a hand down his cheek and shook her head from side to side, laughing madly.

"Oh James," she began, "spending the whole day just fornicating?! How Unprofessional?!"

"You are completely insane."

"Look who's talking." She hummed, "anyway, I'm not crazy, I'm just horny."

"It's like ten in the morning."

"I'm pretty sure it's like midday." the corner of her mouth fell briefly.

"Well you better get started," Jim smirked, "this 'spending the day fornicating' thing isn't gonna start itself."

"Fuck you." Astrid spat, unexpectedly, then widened her eyes, as if she hadn't realised what she had said. Jim just rolled his eyes.

"You are insufferable"

She wrapped her legs around his waist and smirked her signature smirk...

the one that she stole from him.

"Oh, you love it!"