Chapter 52: Insufferable

The ultrasound went by quickly. Astrid had made Jim sit in the corner, so that he would be surprised. The young nurse had shakily gone three the procedure, revealing to Astrid the gender of the baby. After revealing the sex, she began to pack up, hands shaking. Jim moved back to Astrid's side, giving her a questioning look, she tapped her nose teasingly, before looking at the young woman.

"What's your name?"

"J-Josie." She stammered, standing upright fiddling with her thumbs.

Astrid smiled warmly, "thank you, Josie," she tilted her head, "you and that woman weren't close, where you?"

"U-Um, not really."

"Good, good," she said calmly, before widening her eyes and grimacing sarcastically, "would have been awkward if she was your mum or something." Josie chuckled half heartedly, "you can go."

Jose took little time to haul her stuff together and begin to exit the house, she was stopped, however, once more.

"Josie"

Josie turned around, "I don't think I have to tell you to..." she mimicked zipping her mouth shut, "or else..." Seb appeared behind Josie, "I might have to have Sebastian teach you a lesson."

Josie turned around to look up at Seb. He had blood dripping down his face and he was grinning. The woman turned back to Astrid and nodded.

"I won't tell anyone."

"Good," Astrid said, returning to her warm smile, "goodbye."

Josie let out an exasperated chuckle before nodding again and leaving the room.  Seb watched her exit the front door, before turning back to Astrid. Astrid sighed, rubbing her forehead.

"Did you really have to get messy?"

"I thought it would get the point across," he smirked, wiping the blood from his face.

Astrid laughed, "yeah I think it did."

"Boy or girl?"

Astrid didn't answer. She just shut the door in his face and turned back to her fiancé. He raised his eyebrows as Astrid leaned back on the door, rubbing her lips together. Jim, in one swift movement, moved over to her like a hawk, towering over her intimidatingly.

"I swear to God Astrid, if you don't tell me right now-"

"Oh!" Astrid laughed out, "you think your threats work on me, do you?"

"Tell me." He almost growled.

"Well..."

Jim lifted his hand to take her face in his hands roughly. Astrid frowned, before bursting out into laughter. Jim's hands fell to his side in defeat, "you are insufferable."

"You love it."

Jim chuckled again as Astrid took his hand, placing it on her stomach.

"Jim," she spoke softly, "Say hello to your daughter, Grace Faith Moriarty."