Chapter 54: The East Wind

What followed their fornicating was sleep. In retrospect, it should have been what they did straight away, but, it had been a while, and times without a screaming baby to look after had decreased dramatically. Jim fell asleep pretty quickly, however, since Astrid had been asleep for an hour, she just sat in bed scrolling through apps on her phone with the naked Irishman fast asleep next to her.

She refreshed the news a few times, not expecting much, however, she was shocked to find that there was a report of an explosion at 221b Baker Street. She widened her eyes before reaching for the television remote and switching it onto the news. Immediately the report came up as some toff was describing the events of the explosion and that Mycroft Holmes was in hospital and Dr. John Watson and Detective Sherlock Holmes had disappeared.

Astrid violently shook Jim's limp body and he groaned, blinking his eyes open slowly, "what?"

She nudged him again and he sat up, groaning until Astrid pointed to the TV and he glanced over. When he realised what was being displayed he stopped wiping his eyes and began to smirk.

"So, the east wind has arrived."

He sat up slowly and Astrid giggled, "so this is when the Sherringford fiasco happens?"

"Yup," he nodded, "the three of them will be on their way there right now."

"Mycroft's in hospital," she countered and Jim raised a brow, "right, he'll have changed the story."

"So, we wait for her plan to happen, then shortly afterwards, I can reveal myself and then we go back to normal."

"Well, normal with a screaming baby."

"She won't be a screaming baby forever," he laughed, "besides, she hasn't even been that bad, just attention seeking," he paused and glanced at Astrid, "like her mother."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Astrid laughed, unimpressed, "we should get dressed, Seb will be back soon."

About ten minutes later, the couple were back to wearing their original clothes. They stayed in bed, however. Not falling asleep. Just laying in the natural light of the afternoon. Five minutes after that, she heard the door unlock and smiled.

"that'll be them." She hopped out of Jim's warm embrace and skipped downstairs to where Seb was helping Grace take off her small shoes, "how was the walk?"

"Fine," he answered, "how was the sleep?"

"Fine." she deadpanned before lifting up Grace and resting her on her hip. A strand of her hair had fallen in front of her face, so Grace giggled and took it in her fingers, tugging on it lightly. Astrid chuckled, "did you have fun?"

Grace nodded enthusiastically, "dada?"

Astrid raised her eyebrows and smiled. She turned and shouted up the stairs, "dada, you're wanted."

As Jim emerged from the top of the stairs Grace leant out of her mothers arms, causing Jim to hurry up and take her in his arms. She handed him the giggling baby before turning back to Seb.

"The Eurus Holmes thingy is starting," she then began to smirk, "if only we could watch."

"Funny you should mention that..." Jim began and she turned around to face him.

"You what?"

"The entire place is full of cameras, we can probably hack into the system and see what happens."

"Can't we just ask Eurus?"

"I mean, yeah, if you want, but it'll be just as easy to hack."

"Whatever you say."