Chapter 31: Fuck Sentiment

Astrid knocked on the door and the second it inched open Astrid dropped Dominic's hand and ran into the lobby. There was no-one in the lobby and Astrid frowned.

"Where is everyone?"

Suddenly, the kitchen door opened and Lucas stepped out of it, "Ah, you made it."

Astrid took the paper out of her pocked where she had stashed it and held it out in front of her, "I've got it, now, where are the others?"

"They're just in her-" before he could finish, Astrid had ran passed he father and into the kitchen. She let out a sigh of relief when she found them all sat on chairs around a small coffee table, unharmed.

"He didn't do anything to you, did he?"

"Nope," Jim scoffed, "other than the earache, we're fine."

Astrid turned around to her father and held out the paper again, "here, take it, let them go."

"Thank you, my child," he smiled and took the paper. Astrid rolled her eyes and turned to face her friends, "off you pop then."

Seb and Faith glanced at each other and nodded, they left the room after smiling at Astrid sadly and leaving her in the room with her father, Jim and about five arms soldiers.

"Will you give me a minute with him, just a minute." Astrid asked. Lucas pondered the question and looked into his daughters begging eyes, "please."

"Fine, one minute." He signalled for the guards to leave the room and they left, followed by Hansel.

The second the door shut Jim stood up and almost ran up to Astrid. He wrapped his arms around her and she responded by burying her head into the crook of his neck. There wasn't a word spoken between them, just silence. Astrid suddenly realised that they only had a minute so she held in her tears and spoke.

"Not concerned about sentiment anymore?" She laughed half heartedly and Jim chuckled, "I don't want you to leave, again."

"I'll be back." He said as they pulled apart. Astrid had tears streaming down her face, "give me your earpiece."

"What?" Astrid chocked out.

"Give me your earpiece." Astrid fiddled with the earpiece in her ear and handed it to her, "one of the bodyguard's took it from Faith and put it in his pocket, his name tag said Samuels. H. Samuels I think."

"Harrison Samuels."

"You know him."

"he's my ex." Astrid said and handed Jim the earpiece, "yeah the coincidence is astonishing."

"Wow," he took the earpiece and stuffed it in his pocket. He placed his hands gently around her face, "three exes all under one roof."

Astrid chuckled and shook her head, "you're wrong there. Only two of my exes in one building." Jim opened his mouth to speak, "I'll let you figure out who's the exception."

Jim chuckled and nodded as Astrid brought her hands up to wrap them around Jim's hands. She smiled and slowly leant into him. She pressed her lips against his shortly and pulled away, just in time for Lucas to walk back in. Jim smiled, placed a kiss on her forehead and left the room.