Chapter 1: A New Beginning

The Destler Plot: March 1921.

The Destler plot was hosting an auction per Madame Rose's request as the family spirit fell apart due to the ongoing Great Depression after the war. As the gavel banged down to sell an item to one of the children in attendance, the cycle began again. "Sold. Your number? Thank you.." The auctioneer began as a cloaked woman walked up to the front of the people as the auctioneer held up the next item. "Lot 413 ladies and Gentlemen. A 14 karat diamond necklace with a heart cut Ruby in the middle. This piece is believed to have been in the Belekov family for generations. Starting bid, 250 francs." The hooded lady held out a shaking finger as she spoke up from being silent. "500 for the necklace Monsieur.." Then she takes off her hood to reveal herself as an older Madame Rosaline Destler. The Madame Rose. "500, selling once, twice. Sold. To the Madame Rose Destler. Thank you once again Madame." He hands over the Necklace, shill shiny as ever as Rosaline puts it on her. Soon, the auctioneer begins again.

"Lot 414 ladies and gentlemen: A book with a written statement. History might forget her side of the story, but it will never be forgotten in the eyes of the Opera house. The story between the Phantom and Madame Rose has swept through it for decades, even being told through a play itself. This book will explain all of what happened. Begin."

(Play the overture.)

(The Paris Opera Populaire: 1871, one year after the accident.)

A young woman named Rosaline Belekov had just arrived in Paris, France just days after running and never looking back home. She looks around at the place that stood before her peasant eyes. She looks around at the place and soon arrives at the opera house and she looks up at the grandeur then sees a sign in the front door that said "Help wanted: New singers, ballet dancers, builders, everything." Pulling out her portfolio she spoke to herself "This is perfect for me." And walks into the opera house with a smile on her face and a pep in her step.