Chapter 5: The Binding Chains

It had been 6 months since the encounter and up and coming was the new year. Rosaline had written a couple of song sheets to pass by for the Phantom and he seemed to really love them all. It was an early afternoon, Rosaline was dead asleep at her vanity since no practice was going on at the moment, when she gets waked up by Meg, telling her "Hey Rosaline. The Masquerade is tonight. Need help with an outfit?" She asked her and Rosaline nodded, beginning to go through her wardrobe.

(A little bit of time later)

"Okay, so I am torn between the black dress with the long sleeves or the layered pink one with different shades of pink. Which one would be a perfect fit?" Rosaline asked as she held up the two dresses. Meg points to the black one and with excitement, tells her "oh that will be a wonderful dress for sure. So mysterious like. Anyway, I'll leave you to some privacy." She walks out the door and closes it, waiting outside.

Rosaline smiles and then put the pink dress back into the wardrobe and slip into the black dress, doing the crossings with ease. In all her years, she had never been able to look this fancy in her life seeing that she came from a place of haven. After finishing up the crossings, Rosaline opened up the door to let Meg back inside to show off her dress. Almost seeing stars in her eyes, she claps her hands and whisper squealed. "It looks amazing."

((Note from author: Here's the dress

((Note from author: Here's the dress.))

Rosaline puts on the finishing touches on with her hair curled and her makeup all elegant like. "And... There! You are ready!" Meg hummed and tells her "I'm going to get ready myself. See you then." She smiled at her and then leaves. Rosaline sighs and looks in the mirror, and then got to thinking about something. She then began to go up to the rooftop, wearing her cloak as it was predominantly cold outside. Her eyes look over the fair city below her and she leans against the railing when suddenly Christine shows up.

Christine arrived in her star princess dress with Raoul not too long ago, and she went upstairs to the rooftop after getting settled back in with Raoul and the others and she sees Rosaline leaning against the railing. Walking towards the fair maiden, she turns around to see her and with a soft spot for her smile, she asked her "Having a nice view of the city, huh? Hey, it is really nice up here." To which she responds with "Yes, Mademoiselle. It is really wonderful to see what's right in front of you." Laughing softly at her words, Christine then place a hand on her shoulder.

"Rosaline, I have heard about your proclamations towards the Phantom. And... I'm actually quite impressed with how it's turning out. You are showing him the thing that I couldn't have showed through that one year ago; an understanding mind. I ask of you this one thing... Keep it going no matter what stands in your way. And you better take good care of him, alright?" Christine asked her with an assuring look upon her face to which Rosaline almost looked surprised. She actually didn't know if the Phantom was even ready to love again or not. Rest aside, she didn't want to disappoint her for a minute.

Rosaline gives a nod and tells Christine "Don't worry, Madame Christine.. I will!" And the two of them give a small embrace when Raoul calls to Chrisine and asked her "You coming?" And Christine replies back with "I'll be there." Before turning back to her, saying "See you at the masquerade tonight." Then she went down the stairs and Rosaline leans against one of the angel statues, sighing happily from her words of wisdom. She puts on her mask and then heads downstairs herself.