Chapter 6: The Masquerade.

(Don't play the song just yet folks. Just wait until I give the go ahead)

Later that night, the masquerade ball went well underway in full swing. Everyone was in their best dress or suit, some were dancing, others were socializing. Rosaline made a grand entrance as she walks down the grand staircase. She goes over and gets herself a drink, watching other people dance.

Rosaline takes a sip of her drink and watch the people around her have the time of their lives. Being in a middle class family, she never got to experience a party like this before. Experiences like this are so new and quick to take in. Finishing up her drink, She went to go dance with some of the people around her, taking out her folding fan with her for good measure.

Rosaline began to dance and chat with other people, actually having a great time. Her smile, as they say, it could light up a whole room. Soon, everyone stopped dancing and turned to see the Phantom standing on the staircase. Rosaline was chatting with Christine when everyone had stopped.

Erik walked right into the masquerade ball with a script in his hands for a Don Juan revival, just to see a lot of people stare at him scared and confused. After the disaster from last time, He wanted to fix up the script and make it a little bit better. Looking around the ballroom, he walked down the stairs in silence, only to see Rosaline move away from Christine and walk towards him, She got up to where he was and greeted him with a curtsey. "Hello Monsieur. Glad you could make it.." Her voice spoke softly with her adoring Russian accent.

Everyone began doing what they were doing before without any problems. Erik bows before Rosaline and takes her hand, leading her to the center and they began to dance the night away, holding each other close together as one. Then they danced away from the other people and ended up in Rosaline's dressing room, talking to each other. Breathing in, Rosaline looks at Erik and finally asked him the question that was truly on her mind. "Monsieur, why have you chosen me? I'm just as ordinary as anyone else." Rosaline asked Erik, laying her head close to his chest as to which he almost pushed her away. Seeing how she was confused as to why he pushed her away, he looks at her directly and then tells her "Madame, you're different from anyone else. You have given something to me that no one else has the courage to give: Compassion. You see..." He takes off his mask and shows her the deformities on his face and Rosaline gasped quietly. "I was born like this and I endured a lifetime of hatred from the other people. Before you came along, I thought that Ms. Daae could fix me, but you.. You're nothing like her. I understand that now." He spoke out and then he begins to go through the mirror.

Rosaline began to watch the Phantom go for the night before she takes his hand and asked him "Wait. If anything, could I stay with you for the night? I don't need to go anytime soon." And he turns back to her after thinking about the question for a moment longer. "For you Madame... Anything." And he leads the two of them through the mirror.

((Note from author: I advise you to play the song now.))

Rosaline and Erik walk through the long corridors of candles as they look at each other. Every twist and turn brought along a new sight as well. Pretty soon, Rosaline then began to sing a familiar tune as she takes off her mask. "In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came. That voice which calls to me, and speaks my name. And do I dream again? For now I find. The Phantom of the opera is there.. Inside my mind." They turned again and soon Erik began to sing as well. "Sing once again with me, our strange duet. My power over you grows stronger yet.. And though you turn from me to glance behind.. The phantom of the opera is there... Inside your mind."

The two of them soon approach the boat in front of them and Rosaline gets inside, and then Erik gets in as well and rows them across the water. "Those who have seen your face draw back in fear. I am the mask you wear." Rosaline's voice sang as she turns her head as Erik sang back "It's me they hear.." Then they sang in unison "Your spirit and my voice in one combined! The Phantom of the opera is there.. Inside my mind."

Rosaline looked around at the grandeur of the underground lair as they approach the port cullace. It lifted up as she sang out "He's there, the phantom of the opera!" And began to sing a little bit higher, while he tells her "Sing my angel of music!"

Her voice goes a little higher and the candles began to rise. The boat stops and Rosaline continues to sing for him until she reaches her high notes. She turns to Erik and they hold each other in a warm embrace.