Chapter 12: All I ask is for your hand in marriage (Part 2)

(Later after the performance.)

Rosaline walked up to the rooftop and began to wonder what Erik might want to say to her. Over the past couple of weeks, he had been acting more nervous about their relationship, and she took note. Rosaline opens up the door and sees a pathway of candles that lead to Erik, and he turned around to see her. "Hey. I was wondering when you would show up." He tells her and gives her a hug.

Rosaline held him close and then began to fear about something bad happening to her again like at the 'Don Juan' assassination attempt. Looking at Erik, She began to profess her concern by showing it through him in full detail. "Erik, the show you wrote for me was really sweet, but there's something I worry about. I worry about Aunt Caroline escaping from captivity and coming back here to hunt both of us down. She's crazy in the head, we both know it!" And then she began to cry softly.

Erik holds her close and then tells her with a calming and charming voice. "Rosie, sweetheart.. I ran into your mother and talked about the family, and she says that they have her in high captivity with alert guards at all times. There's no need to fear anymore."

(Play the song now.)

He then begins to sing a familiar tune to her that he heard at the exact same location. "No more talk of darkness. Forget these wide-eyed fears. I'm here, nothing can harm you. My words will warm and calm you. Let me be your freedom. Let daylight dry your tears. I'm here, with you, beside you. To guard you and to guide you!" He flinched at the words but stopped, knowing that the context was way better than it was when he heard it. They were truly genuine and true about the love they had for each other

"Say you love me every waking moment, Turn my head with talk of summertime! Say you need me with you now and always. Promise me that all you say is true.. That's all I ask of you!" Rosaline sang back as she intertwined his hands with hers, and they look into the starry night sky.

Erik laughs softly and begins to slow dance with her, continuing the song. "Let me be your shelter. Let me be your light. You're safe, no one will find you. Your fears are far behind you." And Rosaline followed in with "All I want is freedom! A world with no more night. And you, always beside me. To hold me and to hide me!"

Erik looked at his little starlet he was soon going to call his wife and stroked her hair. 'This is it Erik. Soon will be your chance.' He spoke to himself as the two of them continued to dance. "Then say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime! Let me lead you from your solitude. Say you need me with you, here beside you. Anywhere you go, let me go too.. Rosaline, that's all I ask of you."

Rosaline hugs Erik, her face gleaming with the joy of a merry schoolboy. "Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime! Say the word and I will follow you." And the two of them sang together. "Share each day with me! Each night, each morning." Then Rosaline stands near an angel statue. "Say you love me.." And Erik says back with a nod "You know I do." And then the two look at each other in the eyes. "Love me, that's all I ask of you.."

The two kiss under the light of so many stars, and Erik picks her up, spinning them around a couple of times, the both of them laughing with happiness, knowing they will be safe and sound. Together, they finish the song. "Anywhere you go, let me go too! Love me, that's all I ask of you..." and Erik looks at Rosaline and tells her "I have something to tell you."

Erik takes a deep breath to shake away the nervousness in his mind and then begin a speech. "Rosaline, for so long, I have felt like I lost hope within this place when Christine left. And then you came into my life like a light from heaven. A guardian angel at best. You have given me the missing piece of the puzzle I never thought that would have been solved. Rosaline Lilli Belekov.." Then he got down on one knee in front of her, pulling out the ring and then he continued with the speech. "I only ask of you this one thing. Will you continue to be my guardian angel from the heavens? Will you be my bride?"

Rosaline begins tearing up, smiling and laughing softly. She holds out her hand and nodded, shouting out "Yes! Of course I will!" Then Erik slides the ring on her finger and she pulled him up, taking off his mask and kissing him in the light of the moon. The two cherish the moment very slowly so it could last longer.