Chapter 18: It Takes Two to Tango

(5 months later)

It was early in the morning, and Rosaline had a hard time falling asleep the night before and she just laid awake in bed. "Gah.. I can't sleep. I'll just get up and get something." Then she gets up slowly and walks down the stairs and into the kitchen, getting a glass of water. All of sudden, she hears a splash on the floor and moves away from the puddle. She looks at the cup in her hand and noticed she didn't spill anything. Then came the sharp pain in her abdomen and she sets the glass down and groaned lightly.

Erik wake up slowly to not find Rosaline at the bedside. 'No matter. She does have a hard time staying asleep at times like this' but then he heard her voice groan in pain, and then he quickly got up and rushed to her and asked "Rose, what's wrong?" Looking to his left, the clear puddle next to her and the pain she was feeling clicked and he almost panicked when trying to help her out. The maid they hired for the last three months cleaned up the mess while Erik was getting Rosaline back to the bed and setting towels on it. "I'll come back with the midwife. Just breathe easy." Rosaline nods at his words and follows them while went to go and find the midwife.

Christine was heading for the farmers market and sees Erik running rather quickly almost like a maniac. She stops him for a brief moment and asked "Erik, what's got you into such a hurry? Early bird catching the worm?" He shakes his head no and exclaimed. "I need to find our midwife, I'll explain everything later." And continued running by people. Christine watched him go and yelled slightly with a "Congratulations!"

(Later that day)

Rosaline had a cold, yet damp towel to cool herself down. She had just finished bearing a healthy baby girl and the midwife was taking care of things until the pains grew up again and Erik tells her "Uh Madame? I don't think we're done here." The midwife checks and responded with "You're right. We got another one coming in." And Rosaline laughs through the pain, knowing that she was right about the high chance of twins on her side of the family. "I told you so! The high twin percentage didn't skip me!" And they all share a laugh laugh while the midwife was instructing her what to do. "Alright now Madame Destler, imma need you to give it all you got now. Same as before; deep breath, beat down, and push."

(Some more time later, cause blah.)

The midwife finished cleaning off the baby boy Rosaline had given life to, and she lays back slowly and purely satisfied. Erik looks at her and gave a small smile, proclaiming "They're perfect. Perfect little angels." Rosaline nodded and spoke rather hoarsely "Yeah. I probably might need to rest up for a few days." And they continued to look at the little children before the midwife asked "What do you plan to name them? I'm sure you have some wonderful options to choose from." And Rosaline, almost out of tiredness, exclaimed "Well, we've decided to name them...

Belle Rose and Jameson Carlile."