Chapter 17: Fears of the Past

It had been 4 months since Rosaline had found out about her first child and she had been planning nonstop. She had taken up sewing lessons and began making clothes if it was either a boy or a girl. She also got back a couple of bassinets her mother used when she was a child and got them refurbished to make them look newer. There were some times where Erik couldn't keep up and they both laughed about the situation happening about them. Only today, it was not one of those days...

Rosaline was pacing around back and forth, the anxiety of the wedding incident coming back to her and she held her head in distress. Erik was still at work and she was tending to the house, keeping it clean every second. It got to a point where she started to break down again. She just laid on the floor, crying softly and knowing that she could be vulnerable to anything in sight. There were recent rumors in the family that Aunt Caroline has an army of Assassins being sent out to find them again and she knows that they can harm her unborn child too.

Erik had finished working for today and was walking back to the house. When the two told everyone about the news, they all congratulated them with hugs and smiles. He then approached their recently bought Victorian Lot and opened the door to see Rosaline laying down on the wood floor, blubbering about something he couldn't read out. Erik rush to her and asked "Rosaline, what's going on? What's gotten you so upset?" And she collects herself, expressing herself through blurry eyes. "Rumors were spreading in the family that Aunt Caroline is sending out assassins from the prison that she's in.. Now I worry about all of our safety." She told him and he picked her up, holding her close. "Rosaline, I promised you in the vows that I would keep you safe with all of my heart, and I am not keen to break it."

Erik strokes her head and thought of a way to cheer her up. A classic. "I think I know what will make you feel better." He tells her and they start walking back to the lair that he kept his since their meeting. When they got there, he brought her up to his throne chair and then he began to sing to her to calm her down a little more.

"Night-time sharpens, heightens each sensation. Darkness stirs and wakes imagination. Silently the senses abandon their defences.." Erik sang softly to Rosaline and holds her closer again and continued.

"Slowly, gently night unfurls its splendour. Grasp it, sense it - tremulous and tender. Turn your face away from the garish light of day, turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light - and listen to the music of the night. Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams! Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before! Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar... And you'll live as you've never lived before.." Rosaline wiped away her wet cheeks and sniffs lightly as she began to calm down more. Erik begins to dance slowly with her.

"Softly, deftly, music shall caress you.. Hear it, feel it, secretly posses you.. Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind, in this darkness which
you know you cannot fight - the darkness of the music of the night. Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world! Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before! Let your soul take you where you long to be! Only then can you belong to me.." Erik sang out again as Rosaline closes her eyes and the two walk around the lair to a large curtain and he continued the song, almost in a hypnotized state.

"Floating, falling, sweet intoxication! Touch me, trust me. Savour each sensation! Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in! to the power of the music that I write - the power of the music of the night.." As soon as he finished that line, he pulls away the curtain and uncovers, not a realistic doll of her wearing the bride dress, but a painting of the two holding hands that was fairly new. Rosaline got drowsy from hearing him and he carried her in his arms to the bed and places her in it.

"You alone can make my song take flight... help me make the music of the.... night.." Erik finished the song and stayed by her side keeping her safe no matter what happens.

(I hope you enjoyed this chapter of Diamonds and Emeralds, be sure to vote and comment if you want. No pressure.)