Chapter 10: The Perfect Night...mare

The night of the Don Juan revival came through and Rosaline was getting ready in her mirror, and her family had stopped in just in time to see the performance, getting to their seats. Rosaline had an uneasy feeling about something and Meg notices while helping her with her costume. "Are you okay? Is something the matter?" She asked and Rosaline tells her about her nervousness. "I don't know, I just feel as if something awful is going to happen.." She sighs and puts on her makeup. "Don't worry Rosaline. I'm sure nothing will happen like before. If anything, security will be around if something does happen." Meg tells her and they both share a friendly hug before Madame Giry interrupted, reminding the two girls "Five minutes till the curtain rises you two." And leaves. The girls nod and they both get into places. Soon, the curtains rise..

(Later into the opera.)

Erik walks on stage singing "Passarino.. Go away for the trap please set and waits for it's prey.." And then he walks over to Rosaline, continuing the song. "You have come here, In pursuit of your deepest urge.. In pursuit of that wish which till now has been silent.. Silent. I have brought you! That our passions may fuse and merge. In your mind you've already succumbed to me. Dropped all defenses, completely succumbed to me! Now you are here with me, no second thoughts.. You've decided, decided..."

He dances with her around the stage. "Past the point of no return. No backward glances. All games of make believe are at an end.. Past all thought of if or when. No use resisting! Abandon thought and let the dream descend! What raging fire shall flood the soul? What rich desire unlocks its door? What sweet seduction lies before us? Past the point of no return.. The final threshold! What warm, unspoken secrets will we learn.. Beyond the point of no return?"

Rosaline smiles and gets up, and holds Erik in an loving hold, not letting go and she sang. "You have brought me, To that moment where words run dry. To that moment where speech disappears into silence.. Silence. I have come here Hardly knowing the reason why! In my mind I've already imagined our bodies entwining, defenseless and silent. And now I am here with you, no second thoughts. I've decided, decided.."

"Past the point of no return. No going back now! Our passion play has now at last begun! Past all thought of right or wrong.. One final question; How long should we two wait before we're one? When will the blood begin to race? The sleeping bud bursts into bloom? When will the flames at last consume us?"

The two walk up the bridge and begin to finish up the number. "Past the point of no return! The final threshold!! The bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn! We've passed the point of no return.."

Rosaline looks over at Erik, not noticing a cloaked figure sitting in box five as he sang "Say you'll share with me, one love one lifetime. Lead me, save me from my solitude. Say you'll want me with you here... beside you.. Anywhere you go, let me go too!! Rosaline, that's all I ask of-" before the cloaked person pulled out a gun and the gunshot hit Rosaline's shoulder. The gunshot frightened everyone as they began to panic and Monsieur Firmin and Andre call out for a medic and Christine to get ready to continue the show.

Rosaline felt the blood begin to run cold as she fell into Erik's arms. Everything around her was getting blurry as she heard the person who shot her shouted out "I will not accept my niece with a monster!!" It soon clicked that her crazy Aunt Caroline shot her. 'Why did my family invite her? Did they think she was ready to be accepted back into the family?' Her thoughts flooded over and then she blacked out from the blood loss.

(The next morning)

Rosaline wakes up in the infirmary with everyone surrounding her with flowers. "Ugh.. What happened..? Where am I...?" She groaned, trying to get up and stretch, but Christine stopped her, telling her "You probably shouldn't move that thing for at least two weeks. You're lucky that shot missed the vital vein, otherwise you wouldn't live to see another day." Raoul nodded "I can't believe that a family member would try to assassinate you right on stage in front of the public."

Anna-Marie hugged her daughter softly as to not hurt her, crying softly. "Oh my poor baby! I am so sorry Aunt Caroline tried to hurt you severely. The security caught her when she left. They're sending her back to Moscow as we speak.." Rosaline smiles and whispers "Thanks for protecting me mother.. I forgive all of you."

Erik kneels next to her and cried out with joy that she miraculously survived "Oh I am so happy you are alright, my dear Rosaline. I got so worried. Me and Christine kept you safe for the first few hours, but I just wanted to make sure." Rosaline laughs softly and strokes his head. "I knew you would keep me safe too, darling. This is why I love you." The two hug each other and everyone in the room awwed at them and they begin to talk about the day over breakfast.