Chapter 22: Final Farewell

Erik and Rosaline arrived at the house where the family was staying in Paris, and Rosaline looks up and down at it. "Well this is it.. Mom has done so much to make me happy.." Erik held onto her hand as the door opened and they were greeted by Dimitri. Rosaline sighs and says "Hello brother." And then he lets the two of them in silently. They turn to look at the rest of the family and a little girl runs up to Rosaline and gives her a big hug to which she hugs back and then introduced Erik to the rest of the family. "This is Vidalia, over there are my other nieces and nephews. So in order, Anya, Yulia, Vincent. This is uncle Gleb, Petra, The Hansen sisters, Aunt Delilah and her perfect sidekick Wendy... Meet the rest of the Belekov's."

"We welcome you back to the house again Rosaline. We're sorry that we caught you on such short notice." Ruby says and leads her to her mother's deathbed, where she sat up, waiting for her. Anna-Marie looks at Rosaline and smiles, but sort of a weak kind of smile and Rosaline sat next to her bedside. "Hey there darling.." She spoke up and strokes her hair and Rosaline laughs softly, saying "Hey momma. I'm sorry that Typhoid got the best of you.." And Anna-Marie shook her head, boasting out pretty loudly "And here I thought Belekov's pull through with their ailments."

With that sentence, Rosaline shook her head, holding back a laugh with a solemn frown and Anna-Marie took noticed and confined in her, nudging her arm. "Come on, I know you want to let it out. Look, before your father died, he wanted me to give this to you before I passed on.." And she handed over a letter and the family heirloom; A wonderful diamond necklace with a Ruby cut heart. Rosaline opened up the letter and began to read it's contents

"My dearest family,

By the time you read this, I'm already gone. I don't even know how this will survive, but if it does, the necklace and half of the fortunes from the documented letters will go to Rosaline. Darling daughter, I'm sorry I never told you about our past Royal ties with Great Grandfather Joseph. Grandma and Grandpa always wanted to tell others, if not, all of Russia that we had royal tie-ins, but they knew no one would believe them since hierarchy was ending everywhere else, and it simply would not be fair. Everyone would want a share of the riches. So they kept it a secret but they only told me all about it and wanted me to bury it where no one would find it. Maybe by now you did, but it doesn't matter. Just know I love you.

Your father always,

Matthias Belekov~"

Rosaline closed the letter and sets it aside. "I promise I will do everything to make you proud." "I know you will sweetheart. Us Belekov's have done so much, and my legacy is secure. I can live on here, knowing that my children are happy and at peace. I ask that the location of the letters you'll place, be known only to the family entirely." And as time passed on, eventually, the time came. Her breathing slowed, her eyes closed and a faint smile stretched upon her lips. Rosaline softly cried as she was comforted by Erik.

The two go downstairs to meet up with the family and Anastasia asked "How is she?" And Rosaline, with a frown on her face, shakes her head no. The family all consoled each other and talked about the fun times over dinner, with Rosaline even sharing some of her funny moments. The family laughs at the stories, despite feeling the grief within their hearts. Even Erik felt at peace for some time.

(Later)

Rosaline and Erik come back home and Meg greets them. She tells the two "They're upstairs waiting for you. I kept them warm and cared for." Rosaline places a hand on her shoulder and pulled her into a hug. "Thanks for doing this on such short notice Meg. We really needed it." And Erik tries to pay her, but she refused, giving the advice "It's more important to give than to receive. Mom always taught me that." And then left. When the two reached the children's room, they were finishing cleaning up their beds, already in their nightwear. Belle and Jameson hug their mom gently and she sighs, speaking in a whisper, "Thanks. I needed the hug." Erik smiles and goes to bed for the night. And as Rosaline tucked them into bed, Belle asked her "Could you tell us a story? Aunt Meggy already said a couple, but just one more?" And with a smile Rosaline tells the two "Alright, one more and that's all, okay?"