Thank You to the Ends of the Earth

Everyone -- thank you for the sympathy and encouragement on my last chapter. It made me feel 100% better about everything and I'm not even stressed about New Year's resolutions at the moment and I might just go cry all over again with all the love now. Jugs and hugs to all of you this season, my friends.

In fact, I'm actually feeling good enough to make a post about all the good things that happened in 2019, which I had absolute negative intentions of doing the past few days.

- I read many good books. Read more than I daresay I read in 2017 or 2018. And most of them were brand-new authors for me.

- I wrote about 90k words, not bad considering everything else I was doing. It was mostly scattered writing -- a oneshot here, an excerpt there, but I was doing the words, guys, I was doing the words!

- I wrestled and finally beat Instagram, who has not blocked me since The Journey's release date. *FIST PUMP* *confused muttering as to why I was on their hate list in the first place*

- I had a consistent aesthetic on Instagram for about one month (before everything went kablooie again) (cheers anyway)

- I had a PHENOMENAL street team to get me through TJ's launch, and bore with me through my massive insecurity levels during that period *shoots off fireworks of soaring love and gratitude to you awesome bunch*

- I saw my buddy nightwraith17 IRL and really I mean how can life get better than that.

- I got a job as a Classical Conversations director (translated, I'm essentially teaching 9th grade for the next school semester)

- I got another job as a piano teacher for my friend's three daughters (both this and the prior job were acquired in the past two weeks)

- The Journey had a sales peak during the Christmas season and sold 7 print in two weeks

- I survived my book launch

- The Journey got 6 Amazon reviews *hugs all the people who left them*

- I met so many amazing people. No, like, really. I love people so much and 2019 was the year I realized this more deeply than ever. How are you all so amazing in so many ways and yet so unique and different and wonderful. How is that even possible. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Here's to getting to know you better in 2020.

- I went to a movie theater for the first three times in my life.

- I actually finished editing The Village. And fell in love with it all over again while doing so.

- I went on a hike in Sleeping Bear Dunes with my family which was gloriously beautiful.

- I learned how to post vague rambly posts on social media that I'm not sure if anybody likes but *I* like them so that's something

- I got to experience the wonderful sensation of going under anaesthetic after a sleep-deprived night and I would 10 out of 10 do again. (Waking up in the recovery room wasn't too bad, either: interesting if a little weird.)

- I'm going to see FOTR tonight and I've been in an LOTR mood ALL FREAKING NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER so guess who's pumped

- I have to go to work and I want to post this before I do, so consider this a blanket statement for all the other good things that happened.

Goals for 2020:

Write

Edit TC and TW and submit them both to my publisher

Develop a solid schedule for balancing study, writing, and marketing work

Finish overhauling my website

Convince Ambassador International to let me do my own audiobook

Whatever else I'm forgetting

... yeah that's it byeeeeeee