Episode 1

I was just sitting at a cafe with my friend, Dee Nguyen, when I got the call that someone backed out of Australian Survivor and now I am filling in for them. I found out on the plane that I am filling in for Pia Miranda. I can't believe this is happening. I know the theme is Champions vs Contenders, but I am wondering where I fit in the theme. I just filmed my intro and realized that I am on the Champions tribe.

Brett: Hello Australia. My name is Brett Price and I am the Champion of Reality TV. I sound cocky when I say it, but with my record, I can back it up. I currently hold the record for most money earned in reality tv competition show history with over $1.5 million earned in four season. I won Big Brother Canada Season Six and one season of the Challenge. I also placed second on my first season of the Challenge.

I chose to play Australian Survivor because I love a challenge and I want to prove why I hold my title. I understand Australian Survivor is different from the American version in that masterminds end up in the jury. I am here to change that. Watch out Australia, this American is ready for the challenge.

I hear the presenter call for us the join the Contenders and we start walking up. I look at the tribe and see a couple of good competitors, but I think my tribe has this in the bag. Someone named Daisy pipes up and calls us old and diverse. Jonathan turns to us and asks us how we felt about that. Janine gives a fiery answer and I laugh.

Jonathan: What's your name?

Brett: Brett.

Jonathan: What are your laughing about?

Brett: I just think it is funny how they judge us as old and diverse when they don't even know us. I think they will see how strong we are real quickly.

Jonathan tells us that we are going to be going head to head to grab a bag and bring it to our side. The first matchup is between Simon and John and John wipes the floor with Simon. I am surprised. I have to keep an eye out for John. The next matchup is between Luke and Matt. It starts out as a battle, but Matt pulls away and scores the second point for the Contenders. Matt starts getting chirpy and I am getting pissed off.

Abbey and Daisy face off next. I wouldn't want to be Daisy right now. Abbey grabs the bag and easily win the point. Anastasia and Laura go up next and based on my research, Anastasia is a huge threat. Anastasia fights hard and ties up the score. Laura did put up a good fight though. ET decide to volunteer for the Champions and Andy for the Contenders. 

They start out by grabbing the bag at the same time. They keep fighting and ET starts to drag him to my side. He keeps getting close to the goal but he keeps blocking it with his body. He eventually pushes me out of the ring and we have to restart. He is gassed at this point, but my team cheers me on. I hear Jonathan question him and the Contenders laugh and ET locks in. We start again and he grabs the bag first. Andy latches onto him and tries to pin him down.

He has had enough of this shit so he does something I didn't think he could do: carry him on my shoulders. He stand up, carry him over to my goal, and put the bag in, securing the win for us. Andy congratulates ET and I want him gone the second I can get. We head back to camp with our winnings and I am stoked. 

We introduce ourselves and start making the shelter. Luke and I bond over our young age versus our tribemates. I am 10 years younger than the second youngest on our tribe, but have the wisdom of our oldest. I let ET lead the tribe and Nova does the fire. She gets it started and everyone is proud of her. I see Steven talking to the athletes on the team and figure out that he wants to work with them to get the non-athletes out. 

Luke approaches me and says he wants me to be his Jericho. I agree, but know I need to make sure I don't get played. I go over to Anastasia and Janine to help them with weaving. I took a course in college on unconventional material construction and weaving was one technique I mastered. The rest of the day goes smoothly and I wake up early to practice making fire alone. I don't want my tribe to know that I can make fire yet.