Episode 12

We get back from Tribal after sending Casey home and I am stoked, but everyone else around camp is awkward. Harry is so grateful for me telling him to use his idol. No one else knows that I informed him about the split. Before we left for Tribal, I had told him the true plan in an effort to gain trust with him. Harry is an incredible player and I want someone like that on my side. Plus, now that Casey is gone, it opens Harry up to have a new number one.

Harry and I wake up early in the morning and start going idol hunting. I join the others at camp before Harry decides to go out. Simon asks me to volunteer and keep an eye on Harry. I follow Harry until we are both far enough away for him to wait for me to go together. We start cackling and begin our extensive search for the idol. We even make it appear like I lose Harry for a second and then find him again. As we are looking, I see a scroll and point it out to Harry. I know this might not be my best move, but I need to do this in order to solidify the bond between Harry and I.

We decide to head back to camp and search for it later. When we get back, everyone is tense. The former Champions are nervous about Harry having an idol and Matt and Harry are nervous about losing immunity and being sent home. Ross chases after Harry to continue looking for the idol. Harry gets away from Ross and joins me in the shelter. When he does, he nudges me and shows me the idol basically in plain sight. This is huge for my game because no one knows he has an idol but me now.

Harry and I tell Matt about the idol and Matt gets super excited about the possibility of surviving another vote. Harry grabs the idol before heading to the reward challenge with me acting as his shield so no one would see him do it. He stuffs it in his bag and we all head to the reward challenge. We walk up to the reward challenge and the other tribe is shocked Harry is still around. Harry is gloating about how fun Tribal was last night. I look at the challenge and sigh. 

Seriously? Why are there so many challenges with heights and water combined? I am fine with both separately, but when they are put together, me no likey. I just want to get the challenge over with so I can not have to deal with this shit anymore. The prize is a trip to the Survivor Pub and it includes Chicken Parm and Beer. John nearly loses his mind because he has been talking about Chicken Parm the entire game. I only know this because Shaun brought up how much John loved it and John looks like he just won the lottery.

Harry and Luke are up first and Luke starts out fast while Harry is cautious. Luke unties it first and jumps into the water. Harry finally gets his ring and belly flops into the water. Luke easily tosses the ring onto the peg, scoring the first point for the Champions. Baden and Janine are up next. Janine gets her ring free and jumps into the water first. Baden follows suit and hits the water hard. Baden catches up to Janine and scores the second point for his tribe. Baden is a beast in the challenges. I have to keep an eye on him once we merge.

Andy and Ross are the next matchup. Ross reaches the ring first and easily unties it. He then quickly reaches the peg, but cannot score right away. Andy finally unties his ring and belly flops into the water. Ross tosses it and it lands on top of the peg. I honestly think it should not count, but Survivor Gods were on our side today and Jonathan declares Ross the winner of the round. Abbey looks so scared to go on this challenge. I decide to take one for the team and go against the Australian Jesus in John.

John reaches the ring quickly while I take my time, trying to appear petrified. John jumps into the water and starts heading towards the peg. I pick up my pace and jump down. I try to catch him, but he is good. I get one opportunity to throw it, but barely miss as John sinks the ring. I feel like shit for letting my tribe down and not winning this reward for them. Jonathan asks the winners to take one person from our tribe to join them and the former Contenders easily choose Harry. This is very insightful as to which Contender the others see more as valuable.