Chapter 8

Raphael POV

After I left Luna's house I was blushing hard she kissed my cheek her lips are soft. Stop it Raphael you have a girlfriend don't think about another girl. I went to my car and headed to work.

Now, what am I gonna do for me and Rachel dinner tonight? I could make a homem- nope I can't she doesn't like my cooking. I can take us to a very nice and expensive Italian restaurant.

Hopefully, she'll like it I feel like she wants to tell me something but I don't know what it could be. Let's pray it's something good. When I get to the office I call the restaurant and give my name and ask for the best table.

"Now that that's settled let's get to work," I say to myself.

6 hours later

Our date is at 8 so I have an hour to get home and we have an hour to get ready about 30 minutes to get to the restaurant since it's not that far. I texted Rachel to get ready now you know how girls are.

When I arrived home I went to my closet and got my black suit out and went in the shower.

While I'm in there my mind drift to Luna. I think back to her laugh and smile. And how she reacted to the cheesecake I looked down and sigh I need a cold shower now.

After I'm done solving my problem. I got out dry off then put my suit on just as I finished putting my last sock on Rachel's bangs on the door.

"RAPH SWEETIE HURRY UP WHERE GONNA BE LATE" I look at my watch it's 6:55 we don't have to leave to 7:30.

"Okay," I say. I would've yelled at her but I'm physically tired of arguing with her.

She was wearing a red dress that stops at her knee with a slit on the dress.

We left the house at 7:19 and didn't arrive till 7:41. Thankful they let us get our table earlier. They brought our drinks we both ordered water. While we waited for our food for some reason she was nervous so I held her hand squeeze it. She smiled but her smile didn't reach her eyes.

"What's wrong," I ask concerned about her recent behavior.

She sighs and handed me a gift. She gesture for me to open it when she saw the confused look on my face.

I saw a pregnancy test not just any but a positive one. We haven't done anything in 2 months.

"How far along are you?" I ask.

"About 8 weeks," she said with her head down.

I smiled and spin her around in the air we got weird looks but I didn't care.

"I'm going to be a dad," I said while smiling and hugging her she hugged me back.

"We're parents." Something felt off  when she said that but I let it go the news was just too much for me I was too happy.

We stay in the restaurant for an hour and 45 minutes. We left at 9:34 and got home at 10:04. I changed and got in bed soon Rachel join me around 10:20 she was out like a light. About 10 minutes later I got a text.

My Angel😇🖤: Hey I'm gonna go to sleep but I'll text you tomorrow if I need anything okay

Me: Okay good night sleep tight Angel don't forget to text me if you need anything

My Angel 😇🖤: Sleep, tight honey

I wanted to text her more but she said she was tired.

I close my eyes.

About an hour later I woke up to an empty bed. I looked around the room she wasn't there. I heard talking coming from down the hall kind of sound like it was coming from the kitchen.

"I love you...but what am I going to do...I'm new to this...I love you too baby...Bye baby goodnight."

I saw Rachel talking to the baby with her hand on her stomach. I was kind of confused when she said bye but I went back to bed. She came back into the room and put her phone and AirPods down and laid back down in bed and snuggled toward me.

About 2 hours late I see my phone light up. Who could be up this late?

'7 messages from My Angel 😇🖤'

My Angel 😇🖤: I can't sleep

My Angel 😇🖤: I know your sleeping so I'm just texting you so I don't feel lonely

My Angel 😇🖤: I really wanna thank you for the phone

My Angel 😇🖤: If I'm bothering you I'm sorry

My Angel 😇🖤: I'm just kind of scared I thought I saw something out my window the rain and thunder isn't helping calm me

My Angel 😇🖤:  Forget I said anything I'm probably overreacting

My Angel 😇🖤: Goodnight I'll stop bothering you

Me: Are you okay Angel? It's okay to be scared.

My Angel 😇🖤 is typing...

She didn't reply after that.

Me: Princess???

It gets read immediately. I waited 10 minutes for a response. I got nothing.

Me: Angel? Princess? Sweetheart? Can you answer I'm getting worried?

After 20 minutes  I get out of bed and put my shoes on I'm about to leave when I get a text.

My Angel 😇🖤: Srry I dozed off I'm good but I don't need you to stop by the day after tomorrow I'm gr8 😆

Me: Okay? Goodnight

Not gonna lie I was kind of hurt she didn't want me to stop by but I'm glad she's okay I sigh and took my shoes off and went back to bed. But I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turn the rest of the night.