7. Out of breath

(Kellan's POV)

"Prove it" he says with daring eyes. "Kiss me." 

I just stare at him. A moment ago he cowered at my touch. What is this? 

"No" I say with as much authority I can manage without freaking him out. It's a fine line. But Ben is set on having me accept that we can't be together. The possessive part of me rages at his wish to leave me. 

"So you admit that you can't hold yourself back?" he says, as if he's won; his tone hostile and mean. I almost panic at the fear of losing him. 

He's right there, his back against the door, a thick blanket around him and reddened eyes: the most beautiful creature in the world. As if I could let him go. I lift my hand and gently place it against his wet cheek. 

It's cold and soft against my rough skin. I feel like I'm holding a fragile egg, like it will break in my savage hand. He doesn't wince this time but his face is a mask of revulsion. He doesn't trust me at all. The thought is almost worse than the idea of him leaving. 

I need him to trust me; I need him to want me. I...   

His eyes are wide with horror and as I lean in he shivers and he leans his head back against the door. I hate that he fears me; I hate that they hurt him so much that he can't even kiss; but mostly I hate myself for scaring him. 

"Benjamin" I whisper and he finally closes his eyes. "I'll kiss you now" I murmur and his pale lips quiver. His small, ragged breaths hits my face. He still trembles but I close my eyes and press my lips against his. 

Our lips are touching, a soft kiss but I'm amazed at the thrill filling my chest, making my heart race wildly. He's so soft against me, it feels holy. 

Gently I release the kiss and push my lips against his again, delicately but deeper. As I lift my mouth I feel him lightly push his lips against mine before it's broken. I study his eyes as he opens them but the unease is gone. He's OK. 

As I kiss him again I let my tounge push against the slit between his lips. Immediately he opens up for me and meets me with the wet tip of his tongue. With my hand I guide him closer and rub my tongue against his to slide it further into his mouth. 

He's warm and squishy and his taste makes me tingle with pleasure. I instantly retreat, afraid I've taken it to far but as I part our lips his head follows me away from the door. 

When he opens his eyes this time they are confused and hazy. A soft moany breath, so small I almost miss it, escapes him but the sound thrills my body. I instinctively want to pleasure him further but I fight it, attentive to his night blue eyes, but there is no fear there. 

"Kell... what is this?" he asks so confused I feel bad for him. "I feel... strange" he whines and shifts inside the blanket. I bet he's hard. The thought turns me on and I really want to touch him down there; make him feel good. Later. I have to make him trust me. 

"I kissed you and I'm completely calm; look" I demand, lying while fighting to hold my raging need at bay. He does look at me and I see the relief spread across his face. A single tear rolls down his cheek but he brushes it away and lowers his gaze. 

"What is happening to me?"  he murmurs to himself. I just sit there relishing in the fact that he's not scared. But he puts his head against his knees and shiver as he mumbles. 

"No... wrong... nonono... not..." he chants but I can't catch all of the words. 

"What's wrong?" I ask, the fear cold inside me.